Director, Product Management
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, and offices in Beverly Hills and Waterloo, Ontario, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
As the Director of Product Management for Masterclass at Work, our enterprise product offering, you will spearhead a team dedicated to revolutionizing how businesses upskill their workforce. Collaborating closely with engineering, design, marketing, content, sales, customer success and analytics teams, your mission is to drive the roadmap and strategy for an exceptional learning experience tailored for the business environment.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, collaborate, and implement a 12-month product vision and strategy for Masterclass at Work to drive revenue growth and customer retention
- Lead and inspire a team of product managers to create innovative and impactful learning solutions, focusing on workplace skill development and the tools admins need to succeed.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders across sales, customer success, marketing, and content, ensuring alignment and transformative change in line with business goals.
- Drive product development that balances both educational excellence with engaging content as well as user-centric design with sales driven features.
- Champion the unique requirements of enterprise learning, including custom learning pathways, rich insights, and communal learning experiences.
- Ensure the integration of advanced admin reports and flexible consumption formats, enhancing the learning experience for enterprise users.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience in building and leading successful product teams, with a knack for making visionary ideas a reality.
- A deep understanding of user needs in the enterprise learning space and the ability to translate these insights into compelling product strategies.
- Experience with enterprise products that target not only the employee as primary consumer but also the admin as the decision maker.
- Experience with enterprise admin products and requirements of admins from a user management, integration requirements, and analytics perspectives.
- Experience launching early stage and new product launches in the enterprise product space.
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills, combined with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- A passion for education and online learning experiences, with a particular focus on the enterprise sector.
- A track record of building products that foster skill development and engagement in a corporate setting.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to articulate complex customer problems.
- 10+ years of product management experience in high-growth tech environments, with a focus on enterprise products with a sales team distribution.
- Experience working with Enterprise Sales and Customer Success teams.
- 5+ years of management experience leading high-performing product teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (engineering/CS preferred).
- Proficiency in Agile or other fast-paced development methodologies.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
The salary range listed is for candidates in Ontario, Canada. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has been adjusted for geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range listed is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.