System Engineering Manager
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team as a leader of the System Engineering discipline. Applicants should be experts and well-rounded in System Engineering with sharp technological skills, a hands-on approach and developed managerial capabilities. The System Engineering manager would be managing a team and subcontractors, researching new techniques, developing new products or features and supporting existing products, all in a dynamic and highly demanding startup environment.
Responsibilities and Authorities:
· Manage the System Engineering team, grow and develop the team and the group as a center of excellence, and ensure efficiency and engineering best practices are employed.
· Manage, train, set key performance indicators, and personal and professional goals for the group and team members.
· Manage the team and subcontractors (e.g. mechanical, electrical) in the development, integration, transfer to manufacturing, issue resolution, root cause investigation and improvements for MeMed Key and any future or related products. Collaborate with all related functions to ensure high quality products and efficient work.
· Ensure lean development processes are followed, lead and own all related documents, and have system engineering serve as experts in design controls and risk management, joining hands with other functions (e.g. regulatory/quality) to ensure high quality deliverables are obtained and regulatory submissions and audits are successful.
· Translate marketing and stakeholders (e.g. manufacturing) requirements into system and their sub-composition, working with other functions (e.g. assay development and V&V) to ensure a solid design, suitably documented and fully traced.
· Own the entire architecture for the products, impact assessment, risk management and integration activities for MeMed Key and related products (e.g. MeMed BV), working together and leveraging other groups knowledge, specialties and capabilities.
· Provide plans, reviews, track and report-out status of execution versus plan. Adjust, create mitigations and ensure high quality on time and budget deliverables.
· Design, perform and monitor experiments, theoretical analysis and simulations as part of the development of the product and research activities. Employ simulation based models in order to predict expected performance and impact of changes. Be able to present results and report out in various internal and external forums.
· Serve as a professional focal point regarding system engineering and MeMed Key.
· Provide support and advice to other functions (e.g. manufacturing and service).
· Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls.
· Accomplish individual goals, meet project timelines and collaborate with other team members in a rapid and highly demanding environment.
· Engineering or exact science degree and at least 5 years of
experience as a researcher, design or system engineer.
· Self-driven individual with strong team leadership capabilities, and proven managerial experience for at least 2 years.
· High proficiency and desire to perform hands-on work.
· Experience in the development and life cycle of complex products (HW and SW) as well as at least 3 years in the medical device / IVD industry.
· Excellent organizational and documentation skills, attention to fine details.
· Experienced in design, execution and analysis of large-scale complex experiments.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently with multidisciplinary multi-cultural teams.
· Mobile and a resident in Haifa or its vicinity.
· Good English speaking and writing capabilities
Location & Travel:
Haifa, Israel. International travel will be required.