Software Development Engineer
You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies (NASDAQ: NIR), and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a software development engineer, who will be part of its Research and Development team and contribute to its products platform. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the systems part of Near Platform, working with various business teams.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious engineer who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey. You will need to collaborate with other team members and work as a part of a high-performance team and solve problems.
This will be a work-from-office role, based in our state-of-the-art office in Koramangala, Bangalore.
A Day in the Life
- Design, develop, deploy, and manage modules working on large data sets.
- Develop new tools/extend capabilities for computing frameworks like Spark, RocksDB.
- Participation in the requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure that the platform is operating at its best performance and responsiveness.
- Participate in the maintenance of the core product(s) and support customers.
- Innovating new and unique ways to solve known and unknown problems.
- Contribute to the development of project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Overall, 4-6 years of experience with at least a minimum of 2 years of working experience on a product or data platform.
- Experience working with scrum/agile teams.
- Must have hands-on experience in Scala and Docker-based deployments.
- Strong foundations in data structures and design techniques.
- Aware of basic DevOps CI/CD practices like Code Build/Deployment pipelines and aware of source control management and day-to-day commands and practices (branching, merging, conflict resolution, and other related practices).
- Always keen to learn the best practices and governance associated with it, including code review, life cycle management, versioning, monitoring, etc.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
Apply to join us
Something looks off?