Technical Content Writer
You will join Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
The role’s primary responsibility is to work with internal and external stakeholders to plan, develop, and write/edit external facing technical documentation. The work will require the use of the appropriate editorial/logical methodologies and process management. The writer must ensure that documentation has high technical proficiency and that readers can understand the material easily.
This role provides an opportunity to work closely with the Executive Team at one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies. The role is great for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
A Day in the Life
- You will build and maintain external facing documentation for all Near’s products and services, including long and short-form blog posts, ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, infographics, presentations, sales collateral, video and podcast scripts, and more, to be distributed across multiple marketing channels.
- Burning curiosity to get to the bottom of technical details and articulate a given concept.
- Research, write, maintain, and improve documentation with relevant content, graphics, and examples.
- Gain a deep understanding of Near’s technology, products & services to be able to translate complex information into simple yet comprehensive and engaging content.
- Work with the Executive Team, Product Managers, Data Teams, and Customers to identify and close gaps in documentation and design necessary collaterals in a way that best explains a given concept.
- Gather information and inputs from external sources - subject-matter experts, industry professionals, etc. in relevant fields to help with content creation.
- Work with minimal direction towards predetermined goals, and be able to quickly become familiar with the latest technology like Big Data, AI/ML, Web 3, etc.
- Lead initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and influence of the Technical Documentation.
- Participate in our learning community, recognize trends and topics of interest, and build content that meets the needs of our customers.
- Propose, coordinate and execute process improvements in the existing content development process.
What You Bring to the Role
- BA/MA degree in English, Writing, Liberal Arts (or related technical field), or must be enrolled in an appropriate degree program in English, Engineering, Computer Science, Communications, Journalism, Information Design, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience planning and writing customer-focused documentation.
- Experience writing for external audiences, and aptitude with both technical documentation and API/Product guides.
- Excellent writing, editing, impeccable English grammar command, verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Phenomenal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and be flexible while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and knowledge of technical writing best practices.
- Certification in Technical Writing, Information Design, or related areas is highly desirable.
- Experience in UX writing, content strategy, or information architecture is a plus.
Apply to join us
Something looks off?