You will be joining Near, one of the fastest-growing Enterprise SaaS companies, and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
The SDET is responsible for ensuring the quality of our product at all stages of the software lifecycle. You will work alongside our cross-functional team to define our testing process, test cases, automation process, and overall quality of our products. You will work in an open, collaborative, and approachable manner with the scrum team to inspire optimal solutions that solve customers’ problems and challenge the team to find the smartest, most efficient solutions which are meeting the levels of quality we expect from a world-class product.
This will be a work-from-office role, based in our state-of-the-art office in Koramangala, Bangalore.
A Day in the Life
- You will be part of Near’s Engineering team and will be looked to for process and technical guidance to the team w.r.t QA / Automation activities.
- You will actively contribute to developing Automation Frameworks and test cases to ensure comprehensive coverage.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate test and automation activities independently or along with the team.
- You will participate in reviewing specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to incorporate product validation.
- You will help ensure all quality control deliverables are met within agreed timelines.
- You will participate in monitoring compliance, Quality Control KPIs and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that the team is adequately trained on processes and development standards.
- Manage and own the automation suite for manual and automation testing.
- Stay up to date with new testing approaches, tools, and test strategies.
- Provide periodic status updates to the leadership team.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in CS/EC/EE.
- 2 - 4 years of proven work experience as an SDET, with strong hands-on experience in Java or Python, or Ruby.
- In-depth knowledge in one of the following frameworks or tools such as Selenium, Junit, Gherkin, Cucumber, JMeter, and Postman is required.
- Experience in services/API testing and automation, along with performance or profiling is advantageous.
- Proficiency in dealing with SQL/NoSQL databases or large datasets is an advantage.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and integration of automated tests in CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/TravisCI) is required.
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good communication skills to work effectively in a global team.
Apply to join us
Something looks off?