Director, Product Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Near is looking for a Director of Product Engineering to lead and scale our lean engineering organization. This role provides an opportunity to work closely with the Executive Team and is great for people who can work independently and are self-driven.
This is a rare opportunity to build and lead a team that is creating a global data platform harnessing signals from over a billion MAUs and used by partners across the United States, Europe, Japan, and the Asia Pacific. We are looking for a driven and ambitious leader who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey.
This will be a work-from-office role, based in our state-of-the-art office in Koramangala, Bangalore.
A Day in the Life
- In collaboration with the engineering leads, set and articulate the technical vision and direction for multiple agile teams working to deliver the next-generation platform.
- Work closely with Product and Data Science counterparts to review and evolve the engineering teams’ KPIs that focus on building a great product that addresses productivity, efficiency, satisfaction, and competitive differentiation.
- Use communication and collaboration tools to provide a high level of visibility and transparency around KPIs, design, backlog, and results with the Engineering Leadership.
- Manage resources across multiple agile teams, ensuring that each team is strategically aligned and fully owns its area of responsibility.
- Embrace and evangelize the Lean start-up principles of KPI-driven development.
- Execute the ‘build-measure-learn’ cycle to turn ideas into MVPs, measure the effect on KPIs, and pivot or persevere based on results.
- Provide line management for all direct reports, complete annual reviews, and conduct performance management for the engineering team.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead a high-caliber team on an ongoing basis.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field from a reputed institute.
- 12-14 years of experience in software engineering, with at least 3 years in an engineering management role.
- Experience working with highly scalable systems and in big data environments is a plus.
- Strong understanding of technologies and frameworks, especially in Java.
- Experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded organisation, and comfortable with needing to be flexible and adaptable as requirements change.
- Strong leadership skills including vision-setting, goal-setting, coaching, team-building, empowerment, and cross-functional communication.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle in an Agile environment.
- Good experience in cloud infrastructure - AWS preferably.
Apply to join us
See more open positions at Near
Something looks off?