You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a Lead, DevOps Engineer to perform day-to-day activities and to support the company’s data centers, software and applications platforms that service the entire business. It is a demanding role that requires the candidate to be capable of working with cross-functional teams diagnosing complex issues on the various platforms.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience as DevOps/SRE and be able to support the business's sites, software, and applications. The candidate should also have superior troubleshooting skills and knowledge of monitoring and alerting mechanisms.
A Day in the Life
- You will lead and guide your team towards developing high quality and optimized deliverables.
- You will help team with knowledge management and adherence to the organizational guidelines and processes.
- Manage large scale production environment and mission critical infrastructure.
- Lead the team to enable Security, Stability, Automation, Scalability, Deployment, Monitoring, Alerting, and ensure maximum availability of Near’s tech infrastructure.
- Lead the team to manage distributed big data systems composed of Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Flink, Mongo DB, Elastic Search and many more cutting edge technologies/framework.
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership to ensure that the infrastructure is capable of serving current and future needs.
- Lead and report health of monitoring systems, dashboards and weekly metrics.
- Lead and participate with the team in 24x7 support roles on a rotational basis as needed.
- Lead, Influence, create and contribute to the DevOps/SRE org.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
- Overall, 6 – 10 years of experience in Development Operations.
- Strong understanding of Security, Transport and Application layer.
- Prior experience in Data Centre Ops and Cloud environment (preferably AWS) is beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of the Unix operating systems(CentOS preferred), and very good system troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with Web, Internet and Load Balancing and Big Data technologies.
- Good at administration of Big Data ecosystems -Spark, Kafka, Airflow and NoSQL DB’s.
- Good at monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, Cacti and Ganglia.
- Experience working with database technologies - Redis, MySQL, Mongo DB.
- Must have experience in configuration management tools - Puppet, CHEF, fabric, and Ansible.
- Must have experience in any one of the scripting languages - Python/Ruby/Perl – Python/Ruby is preferred.
- Experience with Software Engineering Lifecycle, and handle deployments on a large scale.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins/Nexus/Maven/Ant.
- Must have exceptional problem solving, analytical and organisation skills with a detail - oriented attitude.
- Basics of Architecture and Design fundamentals (HLD) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Security & Networking will be an added advantage.
Apply to join us
Something looks off?