Sr DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Our mission at Orbital Insight is to understand what we’re doing on, and to the Earth. We do this through our cloud-based SaaS platform, Orbital Insight TerraScope, ingesting petabytes of geospatial data, then applying state-of-art AI/ML and Data Science algorithms at scale. In order to achieve this, the DevOps engineering team is motivated to provide the necessary tools for developer efficiency.
As a member of the DevOps team, we work closely with engineers from different teams to continuously improve the development lifecycle through CI/CD, release procedure, tooling, observability and automation. If you enjoy exploring new open-source technologies, or helping others and evangelizing best practices, you will fit right in.
- Improve our existing observability framework (monitoring, logging and tracing) to provide developers better visibility
- Improving/support/maintain KPIs/metrics around our deployments in terms of uptime, latency, stability, and more
- Evaluate 3rd party / open source softwares with internal requirements and work with external support teams to troubleshoot
- Continually improve developer lifecycle by optimizing CI/CD, release procedure and developer tooling
- Provide tutorials, mentorship and documentations both formally and informally to engineers at Orbital Insight
- Attending technology conferences that will help support learning, as well as, bringing ideas from greater community that can further improve our solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other DevOps engineers
- 5+ Experience working with CI/CD system such as Jenkins/Gitlab
- 3+ Experience with monitoring infrastructure (e.g Prometheus), logging infrastructure (e.g. ELK, fluent), tracing infrastructure (e.g. Jaeger)
- 5+ Experience with release management
- 5+ Comfortable at command line and working within Linux operating system (preferably RHEL)
- 5+ Command of a scripting language such as Python or Bash, as well as Git
- 3+ Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes and Helm
- 3+ Proficiency and experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform
- Experience with air-gapped system / on-prem deployment
- Computer science, electrical engineering degree or related experience
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.
See more open positions at Orbital Insight
Something looks off?