Palo Alto, CA, USA · New York, NY, USA · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Data science and computer vision are the heart of our products at Orbital Insight. We live at the intersection of all our company’s engineering, product, partnerships, and solution engineering efforts. We deeply understand all geospatial data sources we bring into our TerraScope Platform, including satellite and aerial imagery, and a wide array of geolocation data. We understand our customers’ business questions, pain points, and how our products aim to answer those questions and soothe those pains. Our Model Engineering team builds algorithms and capabilities that expose the valuable information contained within the multitudes of data we ingest and put it into context for our customers. We strive to define, and continually refine, the State-of-the-Art in AI and analytics, and are on our way to building the best data science team in the world for large scale automated analysis of geospatial data sources.
As a member of our data science team, you will have the opportunity to tackle new and interesting machine learning problems and work with a brilliant team of scientists and engineers. Our team has a true passion for data and a commitment to building the highest performing models and products for our customers. If you join us, you’ll have the freedom to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. Come be a part of our journey to build the world’s best team in AI and analytics for geospatial data.
Who You Are
- Motivated and passionate about solving data science problems and pushing the boundaries of what is possible today
- Enjoys thinking out-of-the-box to develop innovative and creative solutions
- An exceptional communicator, capable of conveying complex technical ideas and information in readily-understandable ways to a wide audience
- Proactively diligent, and you operate with conviction, yet you recognize when you’re wrong and easily move past your own mistakes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where problems can be under-defined and ambiguous--you are capable of bringing clarity and delivering innovative solutions
- Build high-performing and scalable machine learning models
- Work on all stages of model development life cycle from defining data requirements to deploying final models as part of the product
- Rapidly iterate algorithms to improve performance and generalization to new data
- Collaborate with stakeholders and end-user product owners to understand data science needs
- Stay current on the latest machine learning research by reviewing papers and implementing state-of-the-art concepts
- Effectively communicate results and ideas via presentations and technical reports
- Active TS Clearance is not required but a huge plus
- BS degree in a STEM field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, machine learning, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.)
- MS or PhD preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience in data science
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques, especially unsupervised learning methods, to geospatial data
- 3+ years experience coding machine learning models in Python that live in production systems
- Experience with time series modeling, anomaly detection, and statistical inference
- Experience with computer vision and familiarity with frameworks like Pytorch a big plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Agile development methodologies
At Orbital Insight, we believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our planet is the way to achieve our mission: to understand what is happening on and to the Earth. Orbital Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orbital Insight.
See more open positions at Orbital Insight
Something looks off?