IT Support Specialist
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with an office in Austin and teammates across the US, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose, who have also backed the likes of Pinterest, Airbnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Crain's, Inc. 5000, Glassdoor, Parity.org and Built In on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an IT Support Specialist to provide high quality technical support for our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our IT team on the ground floor, and play an instrumental role in making the home buying and selling experience frictionless for our customers by simplifying and resolving roadblocks for our internal team. We are focused on high quality employee support and believe in automation and self-service as a way to scale our team efficiently.
Our IT Support team is responsible for the hardware, software, and corporate services that Orchard employees around the country use on a daily basis to successfully do their jobs.
This is a hybrid role based out of our NYC office and would be reporting into our Head of Technology.
What You'll Do Here
- Manage inbound support requests via Freshservice tickets, email, and Slack
- Support SaaS solutions like Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, and more
- Support all current and changing aspects of our IT environment; including macOS and Windows laptops, mobile devices, audio/visual equipment, and printers
- Support our employee onboarding processes
- Support shipping and receiving logistics for computer equipment
- Help to ensure the stability and security of devices and accounts
- Follow and advocate for improvements of IT processes and policies to ensure sustainability and scalability as our company grows
- Provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 1+ years hands-on IT Support experience in a modern enterprise environment
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and macOS
- Familiarity with Google Workspace
- Familiarity with troubleshooting home network connectivity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced complex environment
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or nontechnical audiences
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes, work to remedy them, and share your learnings
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve every problem
- Experience with Freshservice
- Experience managing remotely deployed devices
- Experience supporting and administering Okta and Google Workspace
- Deeper understanding of networking concepts
For NYC residents only: The pay range for this position in New York City is $55,000-$63,000/year. The actual base pay offered may vary within the range provided depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Please note that the range provided is applicable only to New York City-based applicants. Base compensation may vary if the work location is outside of New York City.
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.