Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City with an office in Austin and teammates across the US, Orchard boasts over 300 employees. We have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose, who have also backed the likes of Pinterest, Airbnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. We're proud to be recognized by Crain's, Inc. 5000, Glassdoor, Parity.org and Built In on their lists of best places to work.
About the Role:
Join Orchard on our mission to create the most stress-free, fair, and simple way to buy or sell a home. Orchard is looking for a customer-focused, licensed and experienced Team Lead to join our growing team in Houston. At Orchard, Team Leads partner with our customers to accomplish their real estate buying and selling goals in addition to coaching a team of real estate agents to do the same. We provide high quality referrals, differentiated product offerings, and best-in-class training and support.
This is an independent contractor (1099) role that will be supported by a local Regional Sales Manager. Candidates must reside in the greater Houston area and hold an active and unrestricted real estate license in the state of Texas.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Work alongside the Regional Sales Manager to recruit, coach, and retain a high-performing team of 10-15 real estate agents throughout the Houston metro area
- Present Orchard’s products and services to your book of potential customers to understand how Orchard can best serve their needs
- Help create a culture of service excellence and results, driving your team to make the most of every opportunity by holding coaching sessions with individual agents and sales meetings with your team
- Conduct listing presentation meetings to educate and close new customers on working with Orchard
- Identify homes to show prospective home buyer clients after conducting a thorough needs analysis and aligning on new home criteria; schedule home showings for home buyer clients
- Work with Orchard’s team of transaction coordinators, loan officers, and title representatives to deliver a seamless closing process
This is an independent contractor (1099) role with income based on the production of your team and your personal transactions.
Why Join Orchard:
High-quality seller referrals: Orchard provides qualified appointments with serious home-selling customers for you and your team.
Differentiated product offerings: As an Orchard Team Lead, you’ll have access to Orchard’s Concierge program; Orchard’s Equity Advance product offerings for people selling a current home and looking to buy a new one; frictionless integration of Orchard Mortgage and Orchard Title, each with industry-leading products and customer satisfaction; and cutting edge CRM and transaction management tools.
Training & Support: Orchard provides transaction coordination services on every deal, best-in-class sales scripting, presentations, and materials, a dedicated training team that provides ongoing agent training, and an inside sales team that vets referrals and sets an appointment before passing them on to you.
Culture: Orchard has a strong consumer brand that’s centered around customer experience and has great Trustpilot reviews.
Competitive splits: You can build a business around and a share of your team’s production.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- At least 3+ years of experience as a licensed real estate agent
- At least 2+ years of experience managing or mentoring real estate agents
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach a team, develop skills, and produce results
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Passion for customer service and a proven ability to deliver an outstanding customer experience while meeting or exceeding production targets
- An active and unrestricted Texas real estate license and a deep understanding of the home buying and selling process in the greater Houston area
- Reliable mode of transportation and ability to travel within your market area
- The willingness to adapt to a client's and agent’s schedule and work various hours as needed, including nights and weekends (for home tours/showings, and agent training)
#LI-Remote #BI-Remote #LI-BO1
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.