Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
People.ai is the leader in guiding enterprise sales teams on the proven path to pipeline and revenue generation. The People.ai enterprise revenue intelligence platform ensures organizations speed up complex sales cycles by engaging the right people in the right accounts. Through our patented AI technology, People.ai enables sales teams to clearly see whom to engage with in each of their accounts and exactly what to do to deliver the highest yielding deals. Enterprises such as AppDynamics, DataRobot, Okta, and Zoom know that people buy from people, that’s why people buy from People.ai.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness, and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. We're developing a deep understanding of the professional world, mapping people, companies, and the information that flows between them through natural language processing and machine learning. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving enterprise growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We're inspired by people who have made processes their own.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Intelligence Platform team, you will work with a vast amount of business data, design and develop microservice architecture, write machine learning and automation code, and build scalable systems that power the AI-engine behind People.ai's products.
We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at People.ai, you'll be a part of a highly independent and autonomous team. Since we're building out a robust data layer that needs to be presented elegantly to the end-user, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges.
- Design and implement core backend services and data pipelines.
- Document design choices and operational knowledge to successfully deploy and run services.
- Provide appropriate test coverage, unit, and integration testing, with a focus on performance and cost efficiency for your feature ownership areas.
- Ensure robust alerting, dashboards, and runbooks for production services are in place.
- Collaborate within the team and with other engineering teams to build new features and products according to business needs.
- Follow software design and development best practices and promote such practices in the team.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on backend systems in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years experience programming in Python 2.x/3.x or Scala or Java
- Strong knowledge of TDD, Unit, and automated tests paradigms
- Understanding of SOA, microservices, and event-driven architecture
- Experience with an enterprise-grade stack for scalable web apps including messaging broker, in-memory storages, NoSQL, and key-value databases
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS solutions
- Experience with large-scale data processing (Spark)
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with containerized applications, Docker, and Kubernetes is appreciated
- Possess a DevOps mindset, AWS experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a closely related discipline
People.ai stands alone in our ability to harness business activity to unlock growth for our customers. We’ve been awarded 49 patents and have an additional 50+ under review. We’ve also received validation via Gartner’s Hype Cycle for CRM Sales Technology, inclusion in Forrester’s New XX Wave, the Y Combinator Top Companies List, and the Forbes AI 50 list.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, People.ai is backed by Y Combinator and Silicon Valley’s top investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Akkadian Ventures, and Mubadala Capital. To learn more, visit us online at: www.people.ai"
A reasonable estimate of on-target earnings (OTE) is $150,000 to $190,000. Additionally, regular employees may be eligible for commissions or bonus programs (target included in OTE), equity, and benefits. The range is subject to change. People.ai takes into wide range of factors when determining an individual’s pay. These factors can include, skill set, training and experience, licensure and certifications, and location and metropolitan area.
See more open positions at People.ai
Something looks off?