Sr. Marketing Operations Manager
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
People.ai is an AI-powered foundational data platform that helps customers unlock go-to-market success & growth by providing teams with solutions built specifically for their needs. Providing enhanced pipeline visibility, more actionable insights, and a single source of truth for all sales activities. People.ai’s unique dataset, consisting of trillions of sales activities, millions of deals, 160 million business contacts, and 69 approved patents related to AI-based business insights, sets the company apart. Companies such as Verizon, IBM Red Hat, Snowflake, Zoom, and Palo Alto Networks rely on their enterprise-ready, patented AI technology.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness, and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving change and growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We're inspired by people who have made processes their own.
The role of the Senior Marketing Operations Manager is to establish and maintain scalable processes for marketing campaigns, work with all go-to-market teams on demand generation, pipeline acceleration, reporting and analytics, and collaborate with the product team on developing People.ai for marketers.
- Serve as a trusted and strategic advisor to Marketing and the RevOps team
- Manage and develop the marketing tech stack and related systems, including administrative management of Marketo, Salesforce, Zoominfo, Yesware, Google Analytics and manage associated 3rd party vendors
- Assist marketing team operationally in the end-to-end execution of all projects, including but not limited to campaigns, events, etc.
- Support demand generation team through reporting, dashboard creation reflecting conversion rates, attribution models, and funnel optimizations to exceed targets.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Customer Success, Business / Rev Operations, Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, and IT teams to unlock new opportunities for efficiency and productivity at scale
- Build strong relationships with sales teams, sales management, and customer success to ensure a consistent process and criteria for pipeline and opportunity handoffs between marketing, SDR/BDR and Account Executives.
- Establish and train go-to-market teams on scalable marketing processes, including lead follow-up procedure, best practices for campaign creation in Salesforce, and how to report on form fills, with appropriate documentation.
- Collaborate with sales operations and business intelligence teams to drive lead/pipeline reporting and goal-setting for the executive team.
- Develop reporting standards for all marketing-created activities and outcomes and use this data on campaign effectiveness and ROI to identify pipeline growth opportunities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Drive key marketing projects such as building a robust reporting & analytics system of work, automating the attribution process, and scaling the business development team process.
- Work with product and engineering teams on testing and developing the People.ai product.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and guiding marketing operations strategy and reporting.
- Experience working cross-functionally (sales, analytics, demand generation, BI, etc) on campaign execution.
- Ability to track and evaluate measures of marketing and go-to-market success analytically via SFDC.
- Understanding of the end-to-end marketing funnel and sales pipeline motions.
- Admin experience within Marketo, Salesforce, Yesware, Google Analytics, Zoominfo Marketing OS (or equivalent sales development software), and CMS systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, and prior experience with Tableau or SQL.
- Large scale organizational and project management skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously cross-functionally.
- Well-versed in demand generation activities and can contribute ideas, best practices, and recommendations.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task across very different projects (creative, analytical, etc).
- Must be metrics and data-driven in decision-making and able to present information in an engaging and convincing manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Limitless energy to enthusiastically tackle and achieve significant growth goals and objectives in this growing market.
- Experience working with multiple go-to-market departments or teams simultaneously.
- Data analysis experience preferred but not required.
Founded in 2016 and based in San Francisco, the company is backed by ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y Combinator and others. In 2019, People.ai was recognized as a winner of the 2019 Bay Area Best Places To Work, an awards program presented by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
A reasonable estimate of on-target earnings (OTE) is $130,000 to $160,000. Additionally, regular employees may be eligible for commissions or bonus programs (target included in OTE), equity, and benefits. The range is subject to change. People.ai takes into wide range of factors when determining an individual’s pay. These factors can include, skill set, training and experience, licensure and certifications, and location and metropolitan area.