Staff Software Engineer - GenAI
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
People.ai is an AI-powered foundational data platform that helps customers unlock go-to-market success & growth by providing teams with solutions built specifically for their needs. Providing enhanced pipeline visibility, more actionable insights, and a single source of truth for all sales activities. People.ai’s unique dataset, consisting of trillions of sales activities, millions of deals, 160 million business contacts, and 69 approved patents related to AI-based business insights, sets the company apart. Companies such as Verizon, IBM Red Hat, Snowflake, Zoom, and Palo Alto Networks rely on their enterprise-ready, patented AI technology.
At People.ai, we believe that people enrich the world around them in countless ways. We believe that the more time they spend applying their creativity, resourcefulness, and critical thinking to activities that matter most in their professional life, the more effective a professional they become. Our team is a diverse, outspoken group of creatives and critical thinkers, hyper-focused on driving change and growth. We embrace different. We applaud non-traditional career paths. We're inspired by people who have made processes their own.
As an Engineer in the Generative AI Team you will be applying modern natural language AI to business data, developing a scalable LLM infrastructure, algorithms, and LLM models to summarize, enrich and simulate business communications.
- Design and implement highly available large language model infrastructure using open source models such as LLama-2, Mistral, Mixtral.
- Design and implement an LLM-focused data processing pipeline that transforms and analyzes business communications at the rate of tens of
- millions emails per month.
- Implement elements of a scalable and cost effective RAG architecture for business communications and systems of record.
- Optimize performance, throughput, and cost of large language model inference at scale using model quantization, batch inference, model selection.
- Develop fine-turned large language models including data collection, reward model design, fine-tuning using SFT, DPO, PPO, SPIN, and evaluation.
- An experienced (5+ years) engineer who loves writing code.
- Experience building and maintaining distributed data processing systems.
- Someone who understands algorithms, and is not afraid of occasional math.
- Someone who strives to understand data by studying examples, developing and confirming hypotheses, maintaining vigilance towards results that are either unexpected or too convenient.
- Experience working in a major cloud computing environment: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experience/interest in Large Language Models or Generative AI is a plus.
- Should know python, PySpark is a plus.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, People.ai is backed by Y Combinator and Silicon Valley’s top investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Akkadian Ventures, and Mubadala Capital. People.ai has received recognition in the Gartner Market Guide for Revenue Intelligence Platforms, Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list, The Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list, the Y Combinator Top Companies List, and the Forbes AI 50 list in 2022.
A reasonable estimate of on-target earnings (OTE) is $190,000 to $235,000. Additionally, regular employees may be eligible for commissions or bonus programs (target included in OTE), equity, and benefits. The range is subject to change. People.ai takes into wide range of factors when determining an individual’s pay. These factors can include, skill set, training and experience, licensure and certifications, and location and metropolitan area.