IT Engineer - Broomfield, CO (Onsite)
Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is a company capable of remotely monitoring, guiding, and driving vehicles from thousands of miles away. Our technology is like Zoom for the physical world, and our customers are bestowing that same remote work privilege on their employees that formerly had to be physically inside vehicles to operate them.
We are an energetic and passionate team on a mission to build the future of remote operation.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure as we work with the world’s leading automation companies. Because we work with customers globally, we have the unique opportunity to work with many incredible vehicles and use cases.
As an early team member, you will be instrumental in defining the foundations of our product and culture. If you are determined to take on the world’s most complex challenges and help build an industry-defining company, this is the opportunity for you.
To learn more about what we do, view the following link.
The IT Engineer will be responsible for designing, maintaining, and managing our company's computer systems. This includes ensuring that our systems are secure, reliable, and up-to-date. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and operating systems. They will also have experience with project management tools, user management, and IT security protocols.
- Design, maintain, and manage our computer systems for optimal performance and security.
- Implement and manage IT tools, including but not limited to [specific tools].
- To support company operations, utilize infrastructure tools such as Fortigate, Meraki, and [other tools].
- Handle networking tasks, including setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of networks to ensure seamless data communication.
- Ensure the smooth operation of Linux, Windows, and Mac OS within the company, including system installation, configuration, updates, and troubleshooting.
- Administer project management tools like Jira, optimizing their functionality to improve team productivity and efficiency.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and systems access using platforms like JumpCloud to ensure information security and enhance network security
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, order and maintain inventory
- Configure hardware and software for new users
- Implement and monitor IT security protocols, including firewalls, antivirus systems, and data encryption programs
- Work effectively with large teams, delivering high-quality IT support despite tight schedules
- Develop scripts for system administration tasks using Bash, Python, and others
- Stay updated with the latest IT trends and advancements to suggest and implement improvements in our systems and processes
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in an IT role, particularly in using IT and infrastructure tools, networking, operating systems, IT security, and identity management platforms.
- Proven experience with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering project management tools like Jira and identity management platforms like JumpCloud.
- Experience in user management and implementing IT security protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to think quickly under pressure.
- High-level communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate with team members, explain complex IT concepts to non-technical staff and work independently to deliver on time.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Bash, Python, etc., is a plus.
- Experience supporting and enhancing ERP system(s)
The pay for this position is up to $120,000.00 in addition to equity options. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Be part of an early start-up that's backed by industry-leading venture capitalists
- Competitive compensation package with early-stage equity at a high-growth startup
- Exceptional benefits: Employer-provided Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (medical 99% covered)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-term / long term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Company-sponsored events
- Pet-friendly workplace
- Free weekday lunches
- Employee Referral Program
- Cool Colleagues
- Incredible career growth potential
A Final Note
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Phantom Auto, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets.