Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We're down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we're here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for ambitious and driven individuals searching for a unique and challenging opportunity to join our team as a Warehouse Associate. As a Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for delivery our amazing products through the last step in their journey to our valued customers. We want high energy people who wear a smile and exude the Plenty brand.
What you'll do
- Ensure all deliveries are completed timely, safely and courteously
- Inspect vehicle; check fluid levels, lights, tires, etc.; perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required
- Pull orders, load/unload material and secure the load on the vehicle
- Review delivery manifest; review customer information and special instructions; verify material loaded on truck matches material ordered; sign and date invoice
- Maintain communication with dispatcher by hands-free phone or two-way radio; relay information about schedule delays or changes, errors, customer questions, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Inform supervisor of your whereabouts, attendance, activities, problems identified and potential problems
- Report to work regularly and on time.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints from customers
- Help Shipping/Receiving
- On the job training will be provided for the role once an associate starts (Training includes- Food and Worker Safety Training and other role specific skills training as applicable)
What you’ll bring to the table
- Minimum 1 year of experience reading manifests and handling materials
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with customers and ensuring satisfaction in delivery
- Minimum 1 year of experience using forklifts
- Computer literate; able to work with new computer systems and technology with ease. (RF Scanners and iPads used for this position)
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive wage on a biweekly basis, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K.
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits from day one, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off: we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we offer 2 weeks of paid time off + 6 days of paid sick leave per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave: 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Plenty’s target compensation range for this role is $22.48/hr - $23.53/hr for this location. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience and alignment with role requirements.
Food and Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.