Associate Data Product Manager
We are on a mission to grow plenty of fresh food for everyone, everywhere. We are building the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, indoor vertical farms. Using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need, our farms are designed to secure our food future.
Our people and teams are how we make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Join us as we rewrite the rules of agriculture, and we’ll bet our berries you’ll be rewarded with innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities and meaningful work.
About the role
What you'll do
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders around use cases for data, including dashboards & visualizations, metric definitions, analyses, etc.
- Plan & execute data projects on Plenty’s strategic data vision & roadmap
- Obtain stakeholder consensus on standard metric definitions, sources and assumptions
- Ensure data quality by debugging, manual data integration, and automated validation
- Empower users to be self-service by improving data documentation and training
- Document data capabilities for future company/investor demos and presentations. Help execute day-to-day sprint management, including creating & updating JIRA tickets
- Others duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table
- Experience translating product requirements into technical specifications for data analysts, engineers and scientists
- Basic understanding of data analysis methods, visualizations, dashboarding, mining, etc.
- Experience using project management tools (JIRA, Smartsheet, Excel, etc.)
- Excels in documentation and communication of designs, code, methods, and results
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Excellent collaborator that is able to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to travel ~10%
How this position will grow over 1-3 years
- Development of software product/program management skills and knowledge of software & data systems/services
- Ownership of roadmap of select sub-programs within the Data organization
- Scrum / sprint planning leadership
- Reporting Data progress to executive stakeholders and the broader organization
Type of role
Full-Time / Remote
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
If you reside in California, Colorado, New York, or Washington please send an email to email@example.com to receive compensation information for this role.