Group Manager, Supply Chain Corporate Services
Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we are growing for a better tomorrow, today.
About the role
The Group Manager manages a team of Global Supply Managers (GSM), and oversees all company businesses related to indirect procurement. The Group Manager must identify, develop, and manage the global Supply Chain strategy for their team and manage against the overall Supply Chain team and company priorities. The role is a key internal interface with all business functions to deliver products/services on time and cost-effectively with the utmost internal customer support.
You will be the escalation point for the team's commercial issues/negotiations, contract compliance, cost reduction strategies, and overall supplier management, to support cross-functional teams during the development, deployment, and operating phases, driving sound business decisions. We are looking for driven individuals who can work quickly, deliver immediate results, and find ways to raise the bar every day. Be technically strong, able to locate and improve inefficiencies, innovative, and able to communicate complex topics clearly.
What you'll do
- Manage and mentor a team of supply chain professionals
- Be the key escalation point for your team, and provide guidance to Plenty management
- Present upward status of objectives, strategies, and remedies to issues
- Have experience with some and become familiar with many if not all our business software and service needs
- Define and maintain the Sourcing strategies for your team, own decisions and resolutions, and ensure the team is closing all applicable programs and purchasing metrics
- Support team to thoroughly negotiate favorable contracts including part/service pricing
- Define and maintain supplier development actions
- Maintain overall supplier relationships and act as the point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, parts availability, and cost status
- Build, support, and lead cross-functional teams across the organization
- Travel up to 10% to visit suppliers, perform business and program reviews, and manage the team
- Others duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table
- A Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of related experience or a Master's Degree and 6+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 3+ years experience or equivalent work experience
- You're open-minded, self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- You're a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of key manufacturing processes supporting the commodity
- Product launch experience from design to production
- Understanding of quality principles, product development processes, and data analysis.
- Ability to drive teams and garner executive support to resolve problems
- Coaching and mentoring awareness, a drive for the success and growth of your team
- Superb analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for results, strategy, and hands-on execution. A creative, calculated risk-taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Ownership and commitment to your role and supporting teams’ success
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply