QuantLR is at the forefront of quantum encryption, pioneering new ground in cybersecurity. We focus on blending quantum physics, sophisticated encryption protocols, FPGA and high-speed electronics, and cutting-edge fiber/free-space optics communication to craft industry-leading encryption solutions.
As a junior physicist, reporting to the optical department manager, you will lead the development of our next generation of Quantum Cryptography systems.
- Design our next generation fiber and free space Quantum Cryptography systems.
- Build advanced quantum optical systems, based on optical fibers and free space optics.
- Test, design and perform lab and field tests during the product development.
- Manage R&D activities of a multidisciplinary project (Optics, HW, SW, Algorithms and Mechanics).
- Collaborate closely with subcontractors, ensuring effective communication and project alignment.
- Engineering: Support the NPI process of the next generation Quantum Cryptography systems.
- Academic: Experimental Ph.D./ MSc in Physics / Electrical Engineering
- Experience: Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in developing and building free space or fiber based optical setups and using electrical/optical lab equipment.
- Independent learning: Has the ability to learn independently from academic literature and scientific papers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Quantum Key Distribution: Familiarity with QKD theory, protocols and algorithms
- Systems Integration capabilities: Prior experience in multidisciplinary systems (optical oriented preferred)
- Quantum Optics: Experience with quantum optics and low-light systems
- Engineering: Experience supporting the NPI process for a multidisciplinary system
Who We’re Looking For:
- Curious & Self Driven: You possess a genuine interest in leading our next generation Quantum Cryptography systems design.
- Team player: Work together with our team of experts to achieve the company goals.
- Balanced Skill Set: While main focus is on design of Quantum Cryptography systems, you will also need to manage NPI and production.