Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Join our team:
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of life-changing therapies and make a meaningful impact on patient lives. If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for GMP manufacturing, we invite you to apply for the position of Microbiology Laboratory Technician. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant microbiology experience and why you are interested in this role. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our dynamic team. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
SaNOtize is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing high quality, innovative products.
We aim to improve the quality of life for people throughout the world by using our proprietary biotechnology platform to remedy topical infections that negatively impact quality of life.
With experience in microbiology, SaNOtize is looking for a Laboratory Technician who will report to the Laboratory Manager and assist with the function and operation of the Corporation's laboratory.
- Set up and conduct biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses in support of research
- Apply methods and techniques such as microscopy, histochemistry, chromatography, electrophoresis and spectroscopy
- Works closely with research staff to maintain an efficient and well-organized laboratory. Ensure work areas are well maintained, clean & tidy.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies and health and safety regulations.
- Prepare lab equipment and reagents for upcoming research experiments.
- Performs routine maintenance, cleaning and troubleshooting for basic lab equipment.
- Use testing equipment to gather data and results.
- Monitor ongoing tests and experiments.
- Maintain laboratory records.
- Report data and compile information into graphs and reports.
- Participate in electronic data entry for clinical studies.
- Ship samples to third party laboratories.
- Be part of a highly effective and motivated team and have the willingness to grow within the organization.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with lab standards, Occupational Health & Safety regulations and established policies and practices.
- Perform such other functions, duties and responsibilities as the Laboratory Manager may from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with microbiology in a clinical materials manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of GMP guidelines and regulatory requirements applicable to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Proficient in executing manufacturing processes, including weighing, measuring, mixing, and packaging of materials.
- Experience with quality control testing techniques and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with documentation practices, including batch records, logbooks, and electronic systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, record-keeping, and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot manufacturing and quality control issues.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey information and collaborate with team members.
- Experience working with aseptic processing and sterile techniques.
- Knowledge of process validation and equipment qualification principles.
- Familiarity with FDA and Health Canada and other regulatory inspections.
- Certification or training in GMP principles or related fields.