Full Stack Team Leader
Who is Sayata?
Sayata is the leading marketplace for brokers to obtain insurance for their SMB clients. Sayata is upending a massive industry (over $100B in the US alone) by creating a product with a superior user experience. And the market has responded. Since launching in early 2020, we’ve seen rapid growth, emerging as the market leader in digital insurance distribution. Armed with an already strong and growing business along with a recent $52M A Round investment, the company is expanding in both product capabilities and headcount.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a proven Full Stack Team Leader, to motivate and coach an awesome team of developers, lead technical decision making, maintain high quality deliveries, while also spending significant time doing hands-on coding. You will work closely with the Product Team, owning the success of the team’s product line.
Who you are:
- You enjoy tough engineering and design problem solving, where finding the generic solution is a real challenge
- You are excited about solving real-world business problems using engineering approaches
- You have a proactive, "get things done" attitude to relentlessly deliver results in a fast-paced, startup environment
- A lead-by-example and “hands-on” manager
- A people person with strong leadership and communication skills
- An expert in balancing the trade-offs between technical and product priorities
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a software team leader or Scrum Master
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a software developer (in SaaS - an advantage)
- Experience in React frontend development
- Experience in Python backend development
- Experience in AWS services
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable web architecture in production
- Have high standards for code quality, testing, and performance
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Having both backend and frontend hands-on experience
- Demonstrated success in hyper-growth startups
- Familiarity with the Insurtech/insurance industry
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies (such as Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience in Cyber Security
The more you know, the better. Knowledge of similar languages and frameworks is also good.
- Backend - Python, Flask, GraphQL
- Frontend - React, Relay, Styled Components, SCSS
- AWS Services - EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS, etc.
- Databases - DynamoDB, RDS (MySQL), Aurora