Senior Backend Developer
Who is Sayata?
Sayata is the leading marketplace for brokers to obtain insurance for their SMB clients. Sayata is upending a massive industry (over $100B in the US alone) by creating a product with a superior user experience. And the market has responded. Since launching in early 2020, we’ve seen rapid growth, emerging as the market leader in digital insurance distribution. Armed with an already strong and growing business along with a recent $52M A Round investment, the company is expanding in both product capabilities and headcount.
What’s the role?
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will work as part of an awesome team of developers, lead decision-making and design of APIs, mechanisms, and abstractions using cutting-edge technologies, tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them, all while delivering great products from UI to DB. Since we’re a growing startup, you’ll significantly impact tech and product decisions.
Who you are:
- You enjoy tough engineering and design problem solving, where finding the generic solution is a real challenge
- You are excited about solving real-world business problems using engineering approaches
- You have a proactive, "get things done" attitude to relentlessly deliver results in a fast-paced, startup environment
- A team player who’s fun to work with
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of server-side experience
- 3+ years of web technologies and frameworks
- Experience in Python development
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable web architecture in production
- Have high standards for code quality, testing and performance
- Experience in AWS services
- Strong knowledge of both SQL /and NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (such as Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience in React frontend development
- Familiarity with the Insurtech/insurance industry
- Experience in Cyber Security
The more you know, the better. Knowledge of similar languages and frameworks is also good.
- Backend - Python, Flask, GraphQL
- Frontend - React, Relay, Styled Components, SCSS
- AWS Services - EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS, etc.
- Databases - DynamoDB, RDS (MySQL), Aurora