Senior Computer Vision Team Member
About Scopio Labs
Scopio Labs is a fast-growing medical technology company transforming the fields of hematology and cell morphology analysis. As a team, we work to enable faster, earlier detection and diagnosis of blood-related diseases, so patients can start treatment sooner and have better outcomes. We are collaborative and global – and every individual at Scopio Labs is part of a life-saving mission.
About our technology
Scopio has developed a digital imaging platform using novel computational photography and clinical-grade AI that automatically analyzes blood samples at the highest resolution available and in minutes. Scopio Labs has secured FDA clearance for its Full-Field Peripheral Blood Smear Application, and Scopio technology is in commercial use at hospitals and labs in the US, Europe, and Israel.
What you’ll be doing
Scopio is continually and aggressively developing new applications, and we are looking for a senior team member to lead and support these efforts.
As a Scopio senior computer vision engineer, you will be part of an elite group in the field of AI microscopy and hematology. Our computer vision team is responsible for solving the most challenging tasks in microscopy image analysis. You and your colleagues will research and develop new AI models to analyze thousands of cells, build new infrastructure for on-premise inference, and collect vast labeled data to provide a clinical-grade solution that runs in real time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Continually bringing new knowledge, experience, ideas, and best practices to the team
- Implementing AI based on classic computer vision and deep learning, writing clear and efficient code in Python for smooth productization
- Continually improving the team’s internal research methods and tools
- Supporting team members with their research
- Take part in defining team data needs
- Collaborating with Scopio’s physics, software, and data teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in the industry
- Mathematics background and understanding of deep learning networks
- Experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow
- Excellent Python programming skills
- Ability to clearly analyze computer vision challenges and to collaborate with a team of experts to create cutting-edge solutions in classic computer vision and machine learning/deep learning
- B.Sc. in math, physics, electrical engineering, computer science or similar; M.Sc. is strongly preferred, specifically with a computer vision theoretical background