Senior Firmware Engineer
At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
You will be part of the team whose firmware will power the next generation of exciting new transportation vehicles.
The ideal candidate is a team player with experience as a firmware engineer that has developed and deployed embedded systems. You will ensure engineering excellence and timely execution toward product outcomes.
- Write code, unit tests and contribute to firmware team milestones
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team
- You have experience in automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are comfortable working with git, GitHub and related Development tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, Master’s Degree is preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in firmware development
- A passion for technology and firmware development
- Proven in-depth experience in real-time operating systems
- A team player with experience as a firmware engineer that has developed and deployed embedded systems.
- Proficient in low-level and high-level embedded programming (C/C++)
- Experience in bare metal development for microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Experience with CAN, SPI, and Ethernet protocols
- Ability to follow circuit schematics and PCB layout drawings
- Experience with the agile development process (Jira, CI/CD)
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance
- Basic understanding of electronics and ability to read electronic circuit diagrams
- Good analytical skills and testing experience
- Experience in hardware design a plus
- Experience designing fault-tolerant safety systems in accordance with industry standard specifications (e.g., IEC61508, ISO26262) a plus
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?