Director of PMO
At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
- Health/dental/vision (90% coverage for employees, 80% for dependents)
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Relocation assistance provided if applicable
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Performance management program and career development support
- Generous holiday schedule
- Rest Days and Mental Health Days
At skyTran, we are an ambitious team who hates traffic. We are building a breakthrough magnetic levitation transportation technology to reduce commute times by 4x. We are a Series B company backed by great investors including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors and Reliance Industries, India’s largest private corporation. Our mission is to build mobility that delights riders, connects communities and develops beautiful and livable cities.
skyTran is building our first commercially ready transportation system certified for riders.
As a Director of the Technical Program Management Office (PMO), you will manage all Engineering programs and projects working directly with Program Managers, Engineering Directors, Team Leads, Product Management, Supply Chain, and other stakeholders.
You will build and maintain program priorities and project charters, develop integrated schedules, and manage budgets. In addition, you will define program integration dependencies along with managing project risks with a clear focus on critical path to ensure timely delivery of high-complexity solutions with transparency, quality, and rigor. Bring an end-to-end understanding of our solution, including delivery of electrical, mechanical, Magnetics, and structural elements of hardware products along with firmware and integrated software components resulting in test fixtures, integrated prototypes, and full-scale systems.
- Continue Building and Managing the Global PMO: Recruit, develop, and grow a high caliber Program Management team.
- Lead end to end program planning, execution, and management.
- Build on, Develop, and improve project management processes, procedures, and standards across the organization.
- Create and maintain program plans throughout the program lifecycle, holding yourself and the team accountable to the plan.
- Hands on: Leading by example and managing individual programs when necessary.
- Execute to organization’s expectations through each phase of the product development process.
- Develop program budgets, working closely with PM, TM and Engineering Directors
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering and the engineering Leadership Team (ELT)
- Lead full-cycle project management including charter, schedule, budget, risks mitigation, launch, tracking, closing and retrospective across skyTran’s engineering projects.
- Collaborating with the engineering project technical leads to prioritize, plan, de-risk, track and complete test systems, prototypes and major projects.
- Communicate with senior leadership and company operations, using Monthly Program Reviews, to provide insights regarding project plans, progress, risks, and opportunities.
- Solve challenges as they come up, make strategic decisions, and remain adaptive to an innovative environment while championing rigor, prioritization and achievable yet ambitious plans.
- Understand our technology and the goals and value of each project. Drive alignment between objectives and outcomes. Identify and manage risks and opportunities associated with the technology and operations of the project.
- Drive continuous process improvement within projects, in our program management process, and within the organization.
- Experience succeeding in program management using multiple techniques including waterfall and scrum.
- 15+ years of technical work experience, including 10+ years in increasing levels of responsibility in project management and program management roles.
- Demonstrated success owning the delivery of complex solutions and programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred with sufficient technical understanding to manage risks and delivery commitments to schedule, budget, and quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Management.
- Experience working with teams across different geographies and with external delivery teams.
- High performer with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional matrixed environment.
- Previous experience with project management information systems and toolsets (e.g., Dassault and MS Project).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proactive and self-motivated, identifying, exploring, and mitigating risks before they become problems.
- Values a data-driven approach, structures decisions in a methodical way, and can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do.
- Willing to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks and coordinate across geographies.
- Has Project Management Certification and/or Scrum Certification.
Salary Range: 180-200k
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?