Staff Software Engineer, C# (Remote, US based company)
SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.
About the Team:
The team is composed of members of a previous startup, Deft Sales, that has been acquired by SmartAsset. We’re a small fast-moving team, that has built a product that our users love. We are looking for someone to continue that tradition of quickly iterating on a product that is loved by and aligned with our users.
About the Job:
You would work closely with the previous founders, helping with design, troubleshooting, and coding.
• Code development
• Collaborating with founders on feature design and implementation
• Providing user-centric design feedback
• Conducting user zoom calls for feature understanding or bug fixing
• Participating in code reviews (both giving and receiving)
• Debugging issues
A good fit is:
• An individual who empathizes with and takes pleasure in collaborating with users to craft software beneficial to their business.
• A product-focused engineer who delights in leveraging technology to address business challenges.
• Hungry to understand the domain, our users, and how to enhance their business and experience.
• Someone with exceptional technical skills
• Pragmatic, well-versed in software best practices, and discerning about when to use them
• A excellent communicator
• A team player who values collaboration
• Apply your knowledge of software engineering to develop highly interactive, easily understood user interfaces
• Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to understand our customers’ needs and the design decisions of the product
• Optimize our code for performance, scale, and device compatibility
Skills / Experience You Have:
• Strong C# skills with 3+ years of experiences
• A strong understanding of SQL, how to write it, how to debug it, how to write performant SQL
• Experience with an ORM,
Skills / Experience Preferred:
• Experience with Blazor
• Experience with Azure or AWS
• Experience with Entity Framework
• Experience with the razor templating language (C# MVC, Blazor)
• Experience with Visual Studio