Embedded Software Test Engineer - Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a talented and motivated Embedded Software Test Engineer with a proven track record of developing automated frameworks and tests that support the testing of electromechanical modules like IoT controllers, motor controllers and battery controllers in the production environment. The ideal candidate has previous hardware and firmware development experience, root cause analysis and hardware troubleshooting skills with the ability to autonomously solve problems and collaborate cross-functionally.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the development of all testing needs for all embedded systems, including design validation, production validation and agency certification.
- Develop in-product embedded C code for test support.
- Work with board manufacturer to define and create manufacturing tests for electrical hardware and software.
- Develop software to support manufacturing tests.
- Develop laptop/desktop/server-based test tools and frameworks for testing embedded software and hardware.
- Manage defect tracking and reporting.
- Develop and perform regression and release tests.
- Create and maintain test documentation (procedures and processes, tools, build and test artifacts, etc.)
What you’ll bring:
- BS in EE or CS, MS preferred with 2+ years of testing experience in embedded systems
- Competency in some or all of the following communication protocols: JTAG, CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, Bluetooth, 802.11, GPS/GNSS, cellular protocols
- Experience with a variety of integrated development environments
- Ability to prioritize work independently and efficiently in support of development and production timelines
- Experience with HIL and SIL testing
- Fluency in Python, with experience using Python for test automation
- Proficiency in C strongly desired
- Software life cycle experience from product conceptual development to servicing and root-causing fielded product issues
- Electronics design experience including PCB schematic and layout is a plus
- Self-starter able to evaluate business needs and order work accordingly
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- Equity in a fast growing company. A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.
See more open positions at Superpedestrian
Something looks off?