Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Swiftly® is a leading provider of technology and solutions for retailers worldwide. Our best-in-class platform delivers innovative, turn-key solutions that empower retailers to grow sales and build loyalty, while enabling brands to reach more shoppers through retail media networks.
Swiftly is the first vendor in the industry to connect the digital and in-store shopping experience with a robust ad platform, while deepening insights using 1st party data and analytics. We offer the only system to seamlessly connect with retail customers across the entire shopping journey. With our recent Series C funding round totaling $100M we are expanding our team with exciting times ahead.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Swiftly is building better retail through technology.
- Define, promote and support a consistent software development process
- Manage a team and help them prioritize, build, and ship the most impactful features to our prospects and customers
- Work with Product Managers, Architects and other Engineering Managers to provide a clear engineering roadmap and help define technical requirements used to build the platform. Roll up your sleeves and work hands-on with engineers to ensure the right pieces are being built
- Own platform initiatives as a strategic leader but also be willing to perform day to day duties alongside team members as a coach and mentor
- Make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems
- Uphold the team to high standards, develop the team to deliver software with high quality
- Other related duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant work experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proven history of successful product development leadership having shipped one or more successful large budget products in a services engineering leadership role
- Technical leadership experience as a people manager (2+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to be analytical and have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable in a startup environment and providing clear direction to team in a highly fluid and dynamic environment
- Experience working with Azure or Similar Cloud Environments
- Experience working in an organization that embraces modern infrastructure tools such as Kubernetes, service mesh, GitOps, and Infrastructure as Code
- E-commerce experience
- Management experience in small and large organizations
Working For Swiftly
We are working on a set of problems that require the best in the industry to get right. Our employees are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a growing team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every Swiftly employee:
-Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
-Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from inception through deployment to customers
-Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
-Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, Swiftly is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Swiftly is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Swiftly will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.