Senior Product Manager
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2022
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Lead product strategy and execution for Philippines, one of Tala’s most exciting and valuable growth markets. As a key member of the Tala Philippines team, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the future of our end to end product experience in the Philippines, working in close collaboration with the Philippines GM and global product leads to achieve exceptional business results while delivering in market on Tala’s vision of financial agency for all.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and optimize the product roadmap for Philippines in collaboration with the Regional Product Leader, GM and the country squad
- Build business cases and drive outcome oriented product prioritization decisions
- Collaborate with the Regional Product Leader to influence key stakeholders in the Philippines and globally to drive a cohesive product and market strategy
- Cultivate and communicate a deep understanding of Tala’s audience, opportunity, and competitive landscape in the Philippines
- Deliver clear and compelling product specs, partnering closely with in-market engineering team to ensure excellent development execution
- Manage market-based product partners to ensure ongoing collaboration and partnership to keep Tala’s product portfolio aligned with market expectations and opportunities
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights coupled with a deep understanding of both consumer behavior and the local financial services ecosystem to drive outsized impact and ROI
- Partner with the country squad to consistently monitor and grow the portfolio of products. Interface with local partners to ensure business continuity
- Collaborate with our design team to leverage existing components and create new experiences to ensure a simple, transparent and delightful user experience.
- Partner with our product marketing and in-country marketing teams to develop an impactful go-to-market strategy, and ensure that we have the right metrics and measurements in place to evaluate initial success.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years experience in Product Management or adjacent field, with track record of success in finance, consumer mobile apps or related industries
- Demonstrated ability to ship consumer facing software products and deliver meaningful business results
- Proven track record of identifying customer problem statements and delivering products that solve for those problem statements successfully
- Deep understanding of the Philippines FinTech and consumer mobile ecosystem
- Capable consumer of modern analytics tools with strong data fluency
- Strong understanding of modern development practices and planning processes
- Comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
- Strong leadership presence with ability to vision set and manage through influence
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.