HR People Director
People & HR
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The mission is to co-create an engaging environment at Tala that fosters a healthy, creative and productive work space through serving as a strategic and operational leader who specifically oversees the Global Leaders supporting Human Resources functions including talent management, organizational development; employee relations; talent acquisition; on-boarding; off-boarding; performance management; training and staff development initiatives; policy.
What You’ll do?
- Partner with GM in the market to develop and execute a comprehensive HR strategy that is aligned with Tala business objectives, focusing on talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, and compensation and benefits.
- Improve the employee lifecycle, from recruitment to offboarding, ensuring a positive and seamless experience for employees across the markets.
- Partner closely with senior leaders including the Senior Vice President, People to understand their business needs, anticipate talent requirements, and develop workforce plans to support growth and expansion into emerging markets.
- Support in refining the global talent acquisition process, developing innovative sourcing strategies, managing relationships with external partners, and ensuring the attraction and selection of top-tier talent across all levels of the organization in-market.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development, identifying skill gaps and implementing robust training and development programs to enhance individual and team capabilities.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, ensuring a workplace that is welcoming, supportive, and promotes equal opportunities for all employees.
- Drive employee engagement and retention efforts through the implementation of effective reward and recognition programs that are market based, employee surveys aligned with the people guild, and initiatives that enhance employee satisfaction and well-being.
- Develop and maintain HR policies, procedures, and systems that comply with local labor laws and regulations across different countries, ensuring consistency and fairness while accounting for local cultural nuances.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging HR technologies, making recommendations for improvements and innovation within the HR function.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in a HR leadership role, preferably in the financial services or fintech industry, with a global focus.Strong knowledge of HR practices, policies, and procedures, along with a solid understanding of employment laws and regulations across various countries.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing HR strategies that align with business objectives and drive organizational performance and growth.
- Experience working in a high-growth environment, preferably with exposure to emerging markets and diverse workforce populations.
- Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining top talent, with a focus on building diverse and inclusive teams.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a global HR team.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with senior leaders including the CPO.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- This is a hybrid role, we need the person be at the office at least 2 days a week.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.