Customer Services Project Manager
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Reports to: EMEA PMO Leader
The Customer Services Project Manager is responsible for leading service delivery at assigned customer accounts for Cloud Onboarding, Cloud Data Migrations, and infrastructure engagements (installations, upgrades, expansions, relocations, data migrations, BAR implementations, and deinstallations).
The Customer Services Project Manager is responsible for applying industry-standard Project Management principles and Teradata technical Best Practices to lead engagements. The Global Customer Services (GCS) PM aligns and manages resources including Customer Teradata and Data Center teams, the Teradata Account Team, Service Experience Managers, Global Support Organization (GSO) Teradata Change Control, Teradata Engineering, Teradata Cloud Operations, BAR/DTU Consulting, Consulting COE’s, and 3rd-Party Service Providers.
The Customer Services Project Manager establishes a record-of-reference project plan, including project timeline, communication plan, resource plan, risks and mitigation approach, and best-practice artefacts to ensure a fully favourable Customer Satisfaction Experience.
The Customer Services Project Manager leads Project teams and manages deliverables from cross-functional teams, communicates ongoing status and decisions to Customers, and ensures resource availability as per the agreed timeline.
This position is a salaried position and requires weekend and work outside regular business hours. Project Managers lead multiple projects concurrently and work remotely from a virtual home-based office.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Provide guidance on the best practice & project management methodologies to deliver intended results
- Very Strong Project Management skills – Reporting, Risk Management, Documentation, communication, decision-making, leadership
- Teradata GCS Best Practice and Change Control Management
- Teradata Database and Infrastructure Administration
- Management of Teradata System Infrastructure Change Management
- Management of Teradata Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA)
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to more junior GCS PMs
- Provide leadership in the advancement of the PMO’s best practices by collaborating with other project managers & Stakeholders
- Strong process & organizational skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 15 years’ experience in IT, computer technology or related fields
- 12 years’ experience in Project management and technology thought leadership
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Project Management Office (PMO) Certification and/or Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata Solution products through a combination of experience and Teradata Certifications (client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities)
- Experience with Teradata infrastructure, client software/utilities, networking, and O/S
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components, in particular MS-Project
- Teradata Certification (Teradata Master preferred)