Senior Data Integration Engineer
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will play a key role in designing, implementing, and optimizing data infrastructure and pipelines. You should have a deep understanding of data engineering principles, possess excellent programming skills in Python and SQL, and have a strong grasp of modeling concepts.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Engineering team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Sr. Data Integration Engineer, you will report directly to the Technical Lead Data Engineer Design & Development, Data and Analytics, MEA . On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in data engineering roles, with a focus on building and optimizing data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL, with the ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- In-depth knowledge of data modeling concepts and experience with implementing and maintaining data models.
- Solid understanding of ETL processes and frameworks, along with hands-on experience in designing and implementing ETL workflows.
- Experience with at least one ETL tool, such as IBM DataStage, Talend, or Informatica.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and different modeling techniques, such as dimensional modeling and data vault.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.
Necessary Job Requirements:
- Must be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Must be willing to work on-site with clients (Egyptian Government, Telecommunication Operators, and Banks) 100% of the time.
- Must pass security clearance to work with the Egyptian Government.