Senior Data Modeler
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will be responsible for designing and implementing data models that supports the customer organization's data-driven initiatives. You will collaborate closely with data engineers, data architects, and business stakeholders to understand data requirements, analyze data sources, and create effective and efficient data models. You have a strong background in data modeling, possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and be proficient in SQL and data modeling tools. You will be instrumental in shaping the data infrastructure and ensuring integrity, accuracy, and accessibility of our data assets.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Data Architecture team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Senior Data Modeler, you will report directly to the Technical Lead Data Engineer Design & Development. On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Data Modeler, Data Architect, or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of data modeling concepts and techniques, including dimensional modeling, data vault, and relational modeling.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with data modeling tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio, or another similar tool.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into effective data models.
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with data profiling and data quality management.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in data modeling and data management
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.