Staff Data Scientist
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will perform all the phases of a data science project: business understanding, data understanding and preparation, exploratory analysis, modeling, model evaluation, communicating results and business value of a model to the client and finally deploying your data product. Follow team development processes. Based on the nature of the project and the available tools, learn, and adapt quickly to different technologies and tools than the ones you are used to.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Data Science team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Sr. Data Scientist, you will report directly to the AI Team Lead, Data and Analytics, MEA. On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 7 to 10 years of experience.
- 1 M.Sc. or Ph.D. in machine learning or a relevant discipline.
- Expert level in Python including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Solid understanding of deep learning techniques
- Familiar with PySpark and MLlib
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau or PowerBI for visualization
- Natural Language Processing experience
- Have considerable experience in any of the following domains: telco, government, or banking
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in SQL
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.
Nice to have
- Software engineering experience (OOP, Agile methodologies, Git, continuous development, etc.)
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, DevOPS and MLops
- Analytical rigor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical & business presentation skills
- Ability to do pre-sales activities
- Professional consulting background at the corporate level
Necessary Job Requirements:
- Must be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Must be willing to work on-site with clients (Egyptian Government, Telecommunication Operators, and Banks) 100% of the time.
- Must pass security clearance to work with the Egyptian Government