Technical Support Specialist
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You’ll Do
As a technical support specialist for Teradata’s Base Support team, you will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), identify solutions and communicate the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Provide frontline support to Teradata global customers with a primary focus on the region of Poland.
- Accept and respond to incoming calls, incidents and emails.
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms.
- Research problems and analyze issues.
- Isolate problem area through problem recreation.
- Create and publish knowledge.
- Identify and share known solutions from knowledge base.
- Help end-users implement solutions.
- Track, monitor and maintain incident progress.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior associates.
- Lead and participate in team projects.
- Lead team technically in one Area of Expertise (AOE).
Who You’ll Work With
Are you a problem solver? Do you like a fast-paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives and technical engineers? If so, the Teradata Base Support team is a great fit for you.
The Teradata Base Support team is a 24x7 high volume global support center. Along with incident management, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Proficiency in the local language for the primary region supported (Poland).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of Technical Support related experience.
- Ability to work on specific shifts in a 24x7 Support environment, including weekends and holidays.
What You’ll Bring
- Knowledge of TDBMS or other relational databases.
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Windows, and other current operating systems.
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols.
- Knowledge of remote support tools including installation.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies.