Semantic Data Modeler
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Role: Semantic Modeler
Job Location:- India
What You'll Do
- Design/Enhance Data Model as per client requirements
- Design/Enhance Semantic Model as per client requirements
- Process system changes including metadata and mapping changes
- Performance Assessment Study to come up with root cause of delay in BI reports
- Development of BI report/dashboard
- Optimize ETL query
- Support reports in production
- Handle ad hoc reporting and projects as needed
Who You'll Work With
- Work in close coordination with BI teams within GDC centers as well International BI teams to serve global customers.
- Work in close coordination with ETL team within project and GDC.
- Work with other GDC and Teradata teams to produce packaged solutions, AaaS offerings, in addition to supporting Analytics projects and PoCs/PoVs.
- Work as an individual contributor to define and execute BI solutions that address client use cases and business requirements.
- Define activities, scope, and timelines on BI projects.
- Deliver projects following our internal frameworks and best practices.
- Define Semantic Model & BI Access Layer in DWH using tables / views as per reporting requirements.
- Act as Tableau expert to advice customers in defining Tableau Roadmap, Security guidelines and Tableau architecture for Complex enterprise systems.
- Design and develop complex Tableau Analytical solutions.
- Experienced in implementing Tableau solutions in Agile environment.
- Will need to be a quick learner with the desire to improve skill sets
- As this is a project-oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database
- This position will combine direct client consulting engagement activities, new solution development and analytics positioning responsibilities
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or other related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling.
- Proven experience working as a Semantic Modeler, Data Modeler, or similar role, with expertise in Teradata.
- In-depth knowledge of Teradata database concepts, SQL, and performance optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing and dimensional modeling principles.
- Proficiency in Teradata tools such as Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata Studio, Teradata Unity, and Teradata Viewpoint.
- Experience with ETL processes, data integration, and data governance principles.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Understanding of Agile software methodology and Cloud Applications.
What You'll Bring
- Experience with Semantic Modelling, Data Modelling
- Experience in SQL and Teradata database concepts
- Experience working with Teradata tools
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to come up with root cause of performance issues and resolutions to reach conclusive results
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter.
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and how technology enables companies to compete better in the marketplace.
- Collaborative team player, professional attitude with a strong drive and positive mind.
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems.
- Be willing to travel.