Pre-Sales Data Scientist, Financial Services
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
The Pre-Sales Data Scientist, Financial Services is an experienced and expert Data Scientist, able to provide industry thought leadership on Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and its application for Financial Services and other industries. The Data Scientist supports account teams in framing business problems, identifying and developing analytic solutions that leverage Teradata technology and the partner eco-system that are disruptive, innovative – and above all, practical. As a part of the Americas Analytics organization, the Data Scientist is a hands-on practitioner who is technically grounded, data led and understand the AI/ML end-to-end process. He or she is always ready and able to roll-up his or her sleeves to develop analytic solutions, demonstrations, and Proofs-of-Concepts (POCs) that solve or demonstrates the customer’s business objectives and value. He or she is a trusted advisor to executives, fellow Data Scientists, and colleagues; with sales or consulting experience, and able to educate, train and articulate Teradata’s leading advanced analytic capabilities. The Pre-Sales Data Scientist has an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of statistics and machine learning and has a strong track record of applying this understanding at scale to drive business benefit. He or she is insanely curious, a self-starter and is a natural problem-solver who is interested in taking the lead on initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex AI/ML solutions that drive sales of Teradata software.
- Develop and help demonstrate the viability and applicability of analytic capacities, functionality and superiority of Teradata’s multi-cloud analytic platform and services
- Support the delivery of Proof-of-Concept projects that demonstrate the AI/ML business use-cases and predetermined success criteria
- Support account teams in closing new business by assisting them in developing, positioning, and closing proposals and actively participate in the design, development and roll-out of these AI/ML solutions
- Work with the extended Account teams, Industry Consultants and Customer Success Managers, to develop new AI/ML propositions that are aligned with Teradata’s technology and analytic capabilities, Analytic Partners, industry trends, new GenAi and LLM technologies, and customer requirements.
- Create and deliver analytic capabilities training and education to customers and internal colleagues
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Teradata’s AI/ML solutions, platform and services and provide timely and relevant feedback to the Teradata product management teams
- Create, maintain, and share IP and assets that contribute to Teradata’s continued success and eminence
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Be an expert Data Scientists with a strong theoretical grounding in statistics, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning with real-world experience in the application of advanced analytics;
- Provide pre-sales consultative selling support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software;
- Create statistical and machine learning models and analytic solutions in multiple technologies to support client objectives
- Provide industry thought-leadership on AI/ML, GenAi and its application across industries and geographies, by, for example, delivering high-impact presentations at external and internal events;
- Be numerate, creative problem-solver who can balance multiple competing requirements.
- Have strong hands-on programming skills in SQL and at least one major analytic programming language, such as R or Python;
- Have excellent interpersonal, sales consulting and communication skills with proven ability to persuade and influence.
- Be passionate about knowledge sharing and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Be credible in delivering technical and sales presentations to internal and external audiences
- Understand the market differentiators and value of Teradata's AI/ML solutions and services and be committed to working with the product, engineering, and consulting teams to ensure that they continue to lead the market
- Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling, data mining, and the data science process.
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics techniques
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and either R or Python
- Building statistical models with tools such as R, Python, Spark, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Exploring, manipulating, and visualizing structured and unstructured data to find new patterns and signals
- Familiar with highly dimensional data, feature reduction, and feature extraction methods
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with one or more of these areas or similar technologies: Natural Language Processing,
- Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Speech Recognition and Statistical Optimization methods.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required.
What You'll Bring
- Have a background in analytic consulting and relevant technology pre-sales experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Be expert with Teradata solutions and services.
- Have a degree level qualification in Statistics, Data Science, the physical or biological sciences or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Weka, SAS, MATLAB or other statistical/machine learning language
- 5+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with LLMs and GenAi application and use cases
- Previous Experience using or sales consulting for Databricks, Snowflake, Dataiku, H20.ai or other Analytics solutions
- Experience with the design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, Ipython Notebooks, Zeppelin, or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Experience with the design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using PowerBI, Qlik Sense and Tableau on top of the Dashboard Engine or leveraging another Big Data API such as Spark Livy or another approved APIs
- Experience with NoSQL, parallel or distributed programming (e.g., Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience with Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) and CUDA programming
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.