Senior Gainsight Platform Administrator
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
The Senior Gainsight Platform Administrator is a key technology leadership role within our global IT team responsible for driving business value, operational excellence, shared architectural patterns, and overall technology direction of the Gainsight application platform. The position scope covers all Gainsight application platform and technology services utilized by our Customer Experience organization and their key business partners. The role provides strategic technology leadership, defines technology solutions to generate prioritized business outcomes, and creates and communicates technology execution plans. This position will also lead and drive Gainsight technology research and planning of new technology initiatives aligned with prioritized business strategies as presented by the Director, Customer Success Platform & Tools and the Customer Experience organization.
In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring the Gainsight platform adheres to the definitions and patterns of the global IT organization for all levels of application security, performance standards, scalability driving application and technology services strategy aligned with, and supportive of, defined architecture principles and technology investment initiatives driven by the global IT leadership team. Key success measures in this position include; well defined implementation of Gainsight operational best practices, consistent execution on Gainsight requirements as defined by the Director, Customer Success Platform & Tools and the Customer Experience organization, clear and comprehensive roadmap for planned value added capabilities delivered by the Gainsight platform, managed and scalable support processes for all users globally, and adherence to all IT solution delivery and post deployment support and application management patterns.
What You'll Do
The ability to leverage your extensive knowledge, experience, and skills with not only the Customer Success function and operations, but also in areas such as system / application architecture, data modelling, data integration, software development, dashboards / reporting, and technology program implementation and support as a key member of the global IT team.
You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and business teams to develop, implement, and maintain the Teradata Gainsight Instance. This role will be working closely with the Director, Customer Success Platform & Tools, and the Customer Experience Organization to ensure partnership and alignment on operational support, business requirements, system capabilities, and development of Gainsight to ensure the best possible solutions for the organization.
- Provide technology advice and guidance on the Gainsight platform to business stakeholders and partner technology teams with the global IT organization.
- Ensure platform prioritized roadmap commitments have a technology plan of action to complete which follow global IT standards.
- Serve as the trusted technology partner and advisor to key business stakeholders and partner technology teams within the global IT organization.
- Provide technology leadership to ensure project delivery excellence, managing through dynamic priorities, resource challenges, and complex interconnections within the technology ecosystem.
- Partner with one or more global IT technology leaders to ensuring maintenance and platform health checks are completed, usage and maintenance agreements are in place and managed, and support plans are executed to user requirements and application criticality.
- Work collaboratively with the Business and other IT teams to deliver value to Teradata as measured by business outcomes and aligned technology investments.
- Adhere to and utilize company Internal Controls procedure related to release and change management.
- Partner with the application platform technology leaders to ensure that the incident, problem, and change management processes follow patterns established by IT.
- Partner with Business stakeholders and IT technology leaders to manage compliance with Teradata IT third-party application license agreements.
- Champion the execution of secure, well performing, scalable and supportable Gainsight platform to the standards of the global IT organization.
- Act as the primary administrator on our Gainsight Instance, this includes significant oversight of Gainsight and/or other system architecture.
- Day-to-day support for Gainsight users, including fielding questions, understanding user requests for enhancements, design and implementation of additional features based on business requirements and prioritization, workflow adjustments, user administration, and permissions management of the rule's engine.
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant growth.
- Collaborate with Customer Success enablement to develop training and enablement to drive efficiency.
- Curate content and playbooks to allow the team to more efficiently and consistently deliver customer outcomes.
- Triage and refine Customer Success requirements for streamlined review and effective and timely deployments following established IT deployment patterns.
- Partner with the Customer Success Director, Platform and Tools, on the Gainsight roadmap and agile milestone management to ensure timely completion of issues and proper communication to key technology partners and GCS Customer Experience Team
- Own the development and partnered rollout of additional features and functionality within the Gainsight Platform.
- Identify opportunities to introduce automation to drive efficiencies, consistency, and scalability in the Customer Success engagement process.
- Collaborating with the GCS Analytics teams and the IT analytics platform team in regard to Reports and Dashboards and conducting data analysis in Gainsight.
- Assist in implementing lifecycle processes, policies, and metrics to support customer outcomes and business growth, defining the appropriate touch points (i.e., human-led and digital) throughout the customer journey.
- Be active member of the Gainsight Community
- Build and enable customer success workflows.
- Available to travel as required and allowed based on corporate guidelines for successful delivery of initiatives; Domestic Travel:10-15%, International Travel for this role is possible, although generally infrequent. All safety considerations regarding travel and health guidelines will be strictly followed.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Experience with the implementation and administration Gainsight, L3 Admin Certification required and relevant experience within or supporting Customer Success teams.
- 5+ years of experience at technology companies, including software development, business systems, IT.
- High-level of expertise with Gainsight technology build and implementation best practices and integration technologies within a technology ecosystem which includes Salesforce CRM, ServiceNow, Informatica, and complex data warehouses and analytics platforms.
- Experience in technology planning and budgeting for a technical ecosystem with a Gainsight global implementation
What You'll Bring
- Expert level communications capability with demonstrated expertise in managing communication across business and technology teams to all levels of business and technical management.
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in influencing operational support tactics of a global support staff.
- Ability to address and resolve demanding situations even under time pressure, and priority conflicts.
- Demonstrated experience leading, collaborating, and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment with Gainsight technical guidance and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management.
- Minimum BS/BA in business or a technical field
- Experience with support and/or professional services is a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Salesforce experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools
- Excellent problem solving, technical program implementation management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.