Sr. Account Executive, Healthcare Vertical
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
This territory covers US-based Healthcare accounts, particularly a Fortune 25 Healthcare Payer who recently rebranded and looking to dynamically chance the way health care is delivered. In this role, the Account Executive is responsible for driving Teradata’s growth by proactively extending and building upon relationships with existing clients. This person will be able to quickly establish strong partnerships and build consensus across diverse stakeholders amidst a rapidly changing environment. To be successful, this person will possess executive presence, healthcare industry and technical knowledge (capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization), and strong organizational skills. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and possess the ability to lead a highly matrixed team to drive complex, end-to-end sales to closure. This person is a self-starter with a growth mindset, willing to think outside-the-box to collectively solution for clients’ complex needs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for developing, setting, and maintaining the account strategy for overall territory growth and engagement with the client
- Responsible for developing consumption opportunities with the client that will meet customer initiatives as well as drive cloud growth for Teradata
- Serves as the “face of Teradata” to the customer, and “face of the Customer” to Teradata
- Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development and development strategy, managing the sales process, and generating revenue
- Collaborates proactively across Teradata’s Go-To-Market partner alliance network to accelerate sales motions, including interaction with Solutions Integrators (SI), Cloud Service Providers (CSP), and Independent Software Vendors (ISV)
- Demonstrates an understanding the clients’ key business and strategic initiatives, areas of concern, data and analytics ecosystem, and the Teradata competitive environment. With this knowledge, this individual can effectively communicate how Teradata solutions can be applied to deliver business value and can articulate the ROI of these solutions.
- Builds and manages strategic relationships with high-level decision makers, as well as drive new strategic relationships that will lead to growth in the account
- Coordinates overall Teradata engagement with client, involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process
- Ability to recognize and recommend strategic partnerships that will enable customer vision while increase consumption of Teradata product portfolio
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 5+ years of enterprise selling in large healthcare accounts
- Proven, successful track record of growing an existing customer base well as unique approaches to achieve the growth
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly with executives and decision makers at a senior level (SVP & C-Level)
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest data and analytics industry trends and capabilities, and how they influence customer needs and requirements
- Creative approaches to driving analytic consumption at large, enterprise accounts
What You'll Bring
- Healthcare industry knowledge, and first-hand professional or philanthropic experience in healthcare or healthcare-adjacent arenas
- Prior experience with analytic solutions and technologies
- Prior experience with common as well as new sales tools, technologies, and procedures
- Document and presentation creation
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.