Account Executive, Manufacturing New Accounts
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You'll do
As a New Logo Acceleration Account Executive for the manufacturing industry at Teradata, you will be responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with key manufacturing prospects, understanding their unique challenges, and positioning Teradata Products and offerings tailored as data-driven solutions to address their needs. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful positioning of Teradata's products and services, fostering New Customer, and long-term partnerships.
- Client Relationship Development: Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within manufacturing companies. Understand their business objectives, pain points, and opportunities to position Teradata as a trusted advisor.
- Solution Selling: Collaborate with Industry Experts (IE), Solution Engineers (SE), Inside Sales Representatives (ISR) to design and present data analytics solutions that align with manufacturing clients' and persona-aligned strategic goals. Articulate the value proposition of Teradata's products and services to meet client needs effectively.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic territory plans to achieve New Logo sales, revenue targets, and services sales objectives within the manufacturing sector. Identify opportunities for reference selling, upselling, cross-selling, to allow new customer attainment.
- Industry Expertise: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, challenges, and innovations within the manufacturing industry. Leverage this knowledge to provide thought leadership and recommend solutions that address industry-specific pain points.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain a detailed and accurate pipeline of opportunities in the manufacturing sector. Utilize the company's CRM tools to track progress, forecast revenue, and manage communication with clients.
- Negotiation and Closing: Lead contract negotiations, pricing discussions, and proposal development processes. Work closely with legal and finance teams to ensure terms and agreements are in line with company policies and client expectations.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including solution architects, data scientists, consultants, and project managers, to ensure successful project delivery and exceptional client experience.
- Market Intelligence: Provide insights and feedback to the company about market trends, competitive landscape, and client needs in the manufacturing industry. Contribute to the continuous improvement of Teradata's offerings.
Who You'll Work With
You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful positioning of Teradata's products and services, fostering New Customer, and long-term partnerships.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in cloud, data, and analytics focused product, particularly within the manufacturing sector. Experience with data analytics, IT solutions, or consulting is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing industry processes, challenges, and trends.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to build and nurture relationships at executive levels.
- Results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Effective negotiation, contract management, and deal-closing skills.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales productivity tools.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.