Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your client; your technology expertise, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s challenges. You’ll also be aware of our competitors’ assets, because your customer will need confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we’d prefer you to have wide and far reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are expert in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organization.
Who You’ll Work With
The Teradata Core Data Architecture team works with advanced database technologies allowing us to build exciting new features that unlock business value for our customers. As the Technical Lead, you will report directly to the Solution Architecture Manager, Consulting Delivery EMEA. On our team, you will help to execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled, high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base that meet the highest software quality standards.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 10-12 years of experience in Data warehousing in which 4-6 years in delivering DWH projects as technical lead.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models for data warehouse.
- Detailed knowledge of entire DWH implementation lifecycle.
- Detailed knowledge of logical and physical data models.
- Be able to use Erwin tool.
- Good understanding of key processes, in Telco (CRM system, Mediation, IN, Online Charging system, Payment gateway, IVR, Credit and Control, ERP), Banking (GL/ Deposit/ Loan/ Bills/ Instrument/ Debit card/ Credit card/ Internet Banking), Investment Banking (Mutual Fund/ IPO/ Bond/ Derivative/ Portfolio management/ Merger & Acquisition) and Insurance (General business/Life insurance/ Property & Casualty).
- Experience in working with Teradata Communication model (c-LDM) or Financial Services model (FS-LDM) or sound business knowledge of any Telecom industry data model for data warehouse.
- Analyzing and optimization current solutions, physical model optimization, query tuning. Design, develop, test, support processes and framework for extracting, transforming and loading data from source systems to DWH and data marts.
What You’ll Bring
You are energetic, positive and outgoing. You exercise strong judgement and decision making across all aspects of your role. You’re well-organized, detail-oriented and have a consistent track record as a strategic thinker capable of foreseeing impacts of simultaneous projects. You describe yourself as resourceful and have conquered the art of effective multitasking. You have superior time management skills.
- Knowledge of any enterprise relational database (Teradata, Oracle, IBM)
- Working experience with Teradata database, Indexes, TD SQLs, PI, MLPPI, compression, data type selection and rightsizing, SI, JI, SOFT RI etc.
- Logical modeling, physical modelling, data profiling and data mapping
- Must be ready to travel short-term and long-term for project assignment.
- Attitude towards learning business rules and integrate with data Model and semantic model.
- Good understanding of Teradata database architecture and Teradata physical design.
- Good understanding of data warehouse concepts, data governance, and standardization processes.
- Understanding of logical and physical data model.
- Understanding of ETL framework.