Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Technology Category
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You'll Do
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Technology Category is a leader who builds strong relationships with internal and external partners to develop and execute enterprise-wide sourcing strategies that deliver value and create measurable, meaningful impact on Teradata’s success. Your mission will be to manage the Cloud Services, Software, and Infrastructure Categories, and enable Procurement to deliver on savings and partnership commitments with scale and agility.
To be successful in this role you will think strategically, demonstrate exceptional contracting, negotiation, and communication skills, and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. You will have a demonstrated track record managing large-scale supply chain and procurement improvement projects and superior data analysis and presentation skills. This role is high visibility and will interact with senior leaders in the company and with our technology and cloud service providers. The ideal candidate for this role has a history of delivering results, has executive presence, is proactive, and can influence stakeholders, earning the role as trusted advisor.
- Lead and own all aspects of the Technology Category, including Stakeholder Management, Sourcing, Contract Negotiations, Category Strategy, Spend analysis/Market Intelligence, and Supplier Management across Cloud, Software, Hardware, and Infrastructure.
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships and influence stakeholders to align with industry best practices in support of applicable Teradata strategies. Build a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements, and priorities. Earn trust as a business advisor.
- Develop, document, and execute leading-edge Category Strategies in collaboration with stakeholders to achieve functional and organizational objectives.
- Conduct benchmarking and extensive analysis of market intelligence, cost and spend data to understand key drivers, identify top opportunities, and formulate strategies and negotiation plans that deliver value.
- Lead complex sourcing events from start to finish, driving alignment across large cross-functional selection teams. Formulate and recommend sourcing decisions to executive leadership.
- Craft negotiation strategies and lead the negotiation of complex global enterprise agreements in collaboration with Business stakeholders, Legal, Risk Management, Data Privacy, Information Security, and external suppliers/partners.
- Deliver sustainable and significant year over year cost savings.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve sourcing and procurement processes and our ability to serve our internal clients, for example, create and maintain technology renewal negotiation playbooks and contribute to transformation of our source to pay tools and processes.
Who You'll Work With
You will join a dynamic team of high-energy strategic sourcing experts supporting all Indirect Procurement categories across Teradata globally. You will report to the Director of Sourcing & Category Management, within our global IT and Procurement organization. You will partner with senior business leaders across the company, including IT, Marketing, GTM, Cloud Alliances, Product, HR, and Customer Support. You will exemplify and contribute to our culture centered around a customer and market driven mindset, agility in execution, and accountability to each other.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of experience in Technology Category Management, with 5+ years managing Cloud Services, Software, Hardware, and Infrastructure or equivalent industry experience and market knowledge. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Track record leading large, complex negotiations with CSP providers (Microsoft, Google, AWS), and industry leading SaaS platforms (i.e., Salesforce, ServiceNow, FinancialForce, Workday), with the ability to lead cross functional negotiation teams and ensure alignment at all levels.
- Proven contracting expertise; the ability to dig deep into contract details, collaborate with internal teams to understand business requirements, draft contractual terms, formulate strategy, and execute contract negotiations to achieve best possible outcomes while maintaining successful business relationships.
- Ability to identify potential risks and liabilities in contracts as they relate to policies and business objectives, and proactively develop solutions on contractual terms in collaboration with Legal, Risk, Data Privacy, Information Security, and business stakeholders.
- Experience drafting, editing, and negotiating all agreement types, including Master Agreements, SOW’s, Addenda, Change Orders, Sales Orders, and Technology agreements (SaaS, End User License, Subscription, Cloud Services, Managed Services, Support Agreements, etc.)
What You'll Bring
- Ability to prepare Executive Summaries of agreements which include business context, key terms, benefits, cost analysis, risks, and mitigations.
- Expert communicator – ability to present complex topics in an effective and concise manner to influence across all levels internally and externally.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to analyze complex issues and industry information, identify risks/opportunities, develop options, and present effective solutions to stakeholders.
- Partnering skills – proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams and external partners; be viewed as a technology sourcing expert and trusted business advisor.
- Expert level understanding of the value drivers and cost levers associated with public and private cloud business partnerships and Application Service Providers
- Project Management skills - a structured and programmatic approach to delivering value to the business. Ability to manage multiple projects at once, while keeping stakeholders informed and aligned through effective communications and formal project updates. PMI Certification preferred.
- Adaptability – ability to thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment and work on multiple initiatives at the same time, adapting to changing priorities and requirements.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and utilization of internal and external data sources.
Why We Think You will Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are