Intern Data Scientist
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Teradata’s Internship Program
Our Internship Program Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do
- Learn and use internally available data science models.
- Apply machine learning and/or statistical techniques to time series classification and telemetry anomaly detection problems.
- Build models at scale using vast amounts of structured and unstructured heterogeneous types of data.
- Ingest structured and unstructured data.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working with team of highly skilled Data Enthusiasts ranging from Science, Engineering, Analytics to modeling and governance. These people can help you develop the different aspects of data lifecycle and leverage the potential of data.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Must be enrolled in MS/PhD in Computer Science & Engineering, Statistics degree program. With graduation dates between December 2024-June 2026.
- Must have relevant course work or experience leveraging industry standard data science models.
- Strong data wrangling skills.
What You’ll Bring
- Programming skills using Python, SQL.
- Some exposure to PMML/H2O.ai/ONNX/Mleap
- Experience using Jupyter nodebook (or similar) modeling/training tools.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.