Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for supporting the global revenue team to help ensure revenue contracts are recognized in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ensure documents are in compliance with established policies
- Role requires knowledge of basic accounting principles, pricing policies, legal terminology and documents, deal desk policies, order management process as well as cloud service provider relationships.
- Update and administer internal tracking tools for review of revenue recognition transactions
Who You'll Work With
- Work with entire Revenue team to develop, publish, and operationalize the Teradata Global Revenue Policy integrated with Business Operational Processes with Revenue Accounting Guidance.
- Other teams to work with:
- Revenue Recognition Managers: Partnership within team to ensure 1M orders processed in Workday and scheduled correctly- guidance as needed for deals under 1M and schedule revenue transactions over 1M according to documentation
- Deal Desk Managers: Pre contract award guidance for revenue recognition
- FP&A: Allocations provided for planner forecast and planning calculation of ARR
- Order Management and Services Finance teams
- Region Lead: Training and Support
- Internal Audit: Provide requested documents to support audit of deals under $1M.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Minimum 2 to 4+ years of related experience
- Accounting and Revenue Recognition experience preferred
- Strong English and Japanese communication skills
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Oracle Hyperion and Workday a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work across the Company at all levels
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts, both written and verbal