Social Media Intern
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
Teradata’s Internship Program
Our Internship Program Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. We offer a fast-paced, flexible, fun environment where you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and face new challenges every day.
Our program is fully virtual. Interns must remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
What You’ll Do
This role will be a support position for the social media team and will be responsible for maintaining a streamlined workflow for social content by learning how to use tools such as Trello, Percolate, Sprinklr and building a social editorial calendar. The position will promote social media presence with asset creation, editorial requests and calendar management, and aid in the content development process and content governance.
Who You’ll Work With
This position will sit on the content and creative team. This team leads global strategy and execution for how we tell Teradata’s story, overseeing the branding, messaging, development, and publishing of content across customer-facing channels, while ensuring content and brand strategy alignment for all key internal/external audiences. The team aims to deliver clear, consistent, and engaging content experiences to build pipeline, increase engagement, and strengthen reputation. The team is made up of social media, content creation, brand, and creative. The position will report to the Director of Social Media Relationships.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with a major in Marketing, Communications, Business, or degree in a related field
- Experience or interest in concepting, designing, and writing social media posts.
- Experience planning and scheduling social media editorial content.
- Experience or interest in managing a social media editorial calendar.
- Project management experience.
What You’ll Bring
- You will be open to learning about B2B social media and how the channels support the overall business objectives. You will have a great attitude and good communication skills.
- Interest and knowledge of branded social media accounts and social media trends.
- Pursuing degree in marketing or journalism or a related field preferred.
- Interest and knowledge of B2B social media and marketing strategies.
- Social media management tool knowledge (ex: Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hootsuite).
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to stay organized and project manage multiple things at once.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.