Pre-Sales Data Scientist, Multi Industry
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.
What You'll Do
The Pre-Sales Data Scientist is an experienced and expert Data Scientist, able to provide industry thought leadership on Analytics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and its application across a variety of industries, including (Finance, Healthcare, Transportation, MFG, Government, etc.). The Data Scientist supports account teams in framing business problems, identifying and developing analytic solutions that leverage Teradata technology and the partner eco-system that are disruptive, innovative – and above all, practical. As a part of the Sales Technology organization, the Data Scientist is a hands-on practitioner who is technically grounded, data led, and always ready and able to roll-up his or her sleeves to develop analytic solutions for both Predictive and Generative AI, including; Proofs-of-Concepts (POCs) that solve or demonstrates the customer’s business objectives.
- Support the delivery of Proof-of-Concept projects that demonstrate the analytic business use-cases and predetermined success criteria
- Support account teams in closing new business by assisting them in developing, positioning, and closing proposals and actively participate in the design, development and roll-out of these analytic solutions
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Teradata’s Analytic solutions, platform and services and provide timely and relevant feedback to the Teradata product management teams
- Understand the market differentiators and value of Teradata's Analytic solutions and services and be committed to working with the product, engineering, and consulting teams to ensure that they continue to lead the market.
Who You'll Work With
- Work with the extended Account teams, Industry Consultants and Customer Success Managers, to develop new Analytic propositions that are aligned with Teradata’s technology and analytic capabilities, Analytic Partners, industry trends, new analytic technologies, and customer requirements.
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level along with Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling, data mining, and the data science process.
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics techniques
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and either R or Python
- Building statistical models with tools such as R, Python, Spark, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Exploring, manipulating, and visualizing structured and unstructured data to find new patterns
- Familiar with highly dimensional data, feature reduction, and feature extraction methods
- Strong communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with one or more of these areas or similar technologies: Natural Language Processing,
- Be credible in delivering technical and sales presentations to internal and external audiences
- Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Speech Recognition and Statistical Optimization methods.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required, approx. 30%
What You'll Bring
- Have a background in analytic consulting and relevant technology pre-sales experience.
- Have a degree level qualification in Statistics, Data Science, the physical or biological sciences or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Weka, SAS, MATLAB or other statistical/machine learning language
- 5+ years of experience with software development, continuous development/integration, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud services (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with the design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using Qlik Sense and Tableau on top of the Dashboard Engine or leveraging another Big Data API such as Spark Livy or another approved APIs
- Experience with NoSQL, parallel or distributed programming (e.g., Hadoop/Spark)
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.