Senior Scrum Master
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
As a Sr Scrum Master (III)
What You’ll Do
- Your primary function will be a scrum master for about 2-3 teams of 6-10 each and coach the multiple teams to common methodologies
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training these and additional teams on Agile and Scrum methodology that will address the most difficult issues and challenges affecting Application Development
- Facilitate Scrum Work: Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Standups, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, etc
- Work with stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined value propositions & success criteria
- Drive Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery, increased productivity, and continuous improvement
- Identify solutions that will remove roadblocks, simplify and optimize the teams work, and collaborate with management to prioritize tasks
- Create an environment of collaboration within the teams allowing open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts and communicate organizational impediments to leadership
- Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
- Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation and so on to help the team become a high-performance team
Who You’ll Work With
- Work with Application Manager, Product Owners, and Process Owners to align teams with the products visions, priorities, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Skilled information technology architecture, development, and support team members within our global IT organization who are also responsible for offshore and onshore staff.
- Key business stakeholders, process owners, and analysts within the Global Customer Service business unit will be key and critical business partners for this position.
- This role will report into the Teradata IT Department and interface with business partners, other application owners, and other onshore / offshore development teams.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- 4-9 years experience as a Scrum Master in an Application Development and delivery organization
- Extensive experience with SAFe, Kanban, and/or Lean-Agile processes and methodologies
- Experience mentoring, coaching and training teams on Agile and Scrum methodology in enterprise scale IT environment
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM) or equivalent secondary certification in addition to CSM
- Have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to business partners and facilitate successful business outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and all functional team members
What You’ll Bring
- Experience utilizing applications such as Jira, Confluence, Aha, or ServiceNow preferred
- Experience working with software engineers to optimize their processes and controls
- Experience with Business Analytics, BI Tools, and KPI dashboarding
- Experience with analytics, performance management, process improvement, architecture and design, cross-function collaboration and communications
- Experience working with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes
- Ability to leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and more to serve the team(s)
- Possess an executive presence and ability to coach multiple teams across the product
- Ability to leverage capabilities across the firm to solve local problems
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology strategies