Senior ServiceNow Developer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
As a Senior ServiceNow Developer (III)
What You’ll Do
- Be accountable for designing, building, and deploying solutions, monitoring systems, and developing integrations with other applications.
- Provide subject matter expertise pertaining to design, development, and implementation within the ServiceNow platform based on ServiceNow and industry specific best practices to minimize customizations and drive continual service improvement.
- Provide hands-on development, responsible for helping our stakeholders to adopt solutions that drive business outcomes and gain return on investment in the ServiceNow platform. This entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations and the overall technical health of the platform.
- Generate and maintain technical design and configuration documents.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest ServiceNow features and product offerings.
- Determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as scripting, configuration management, automated testing, and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for the production support team.
- Proactively identify potential issues, troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions for problems. Actively take ownership to address issues and solve problems, understanding up and downstream impacts and designing/delivering solutions appropriately.
Who You’ll Work With
- Skilled information technology architecture, development, and support team members within our global IT organization who are also responsible for offshore and onshore staff.
- Key business stakeholders, process owners, and analysts within the Global Customer Service business unit will be key and critical business partners for this position.
- This role will report into the Teradata IT Department and interface with business partners, other application owners, and other onshore / offshore development teams.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- An ideal candidate will have achieved a senior level position as a Senior ServiceNow Developer with a successful track record in development, consulting, focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to business partners and facilitate successful business outcomes.
- 10+ years of experience with ServiceNow and other application development, supporting customer support & service technology
- A seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of at least one area of specialization; resolving a wide range of issues
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and all functional team members
What You’ll Bring
- Experience guiding intermediate & junior developers engineer solutions, including for domain separation
- Experience working with business analysts and estimating level of effort for new projects
- Prefer experience in two or more ServiceNow products like IT Operations Mgmt (ITOM) Discovery, ITOM Health & Event Mgmt, Core Platform and the CMDB, eBonding, Customer Service Mgmt (CSM), IT Service Mgmt (ITSM)
- ITIL Certification and/or Technical Consulting Experience
- Experience working with functional business leaders in the Customer Support space.
- Experience identifying business objectives and deconstructing them into Epics/Deliverables
- Experience working with large organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Agile methodology practitioner