Sr Software Systems Engineer
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
As a Sr Software Systems Engineer (III)
What You’ll Do:
As a Software Systems Engineer (SSE) you will be accountable for delivering technology-enabled solutions in support of the Teradata Global Customer Service strategy and roadmap. You will be accountable for designing, building, and deploying solutions within ServiceNow, monitoring systems, and developing integrations with other applications. This role includes hands-on development, responsibility for helping our stakeholders adopt solutions that drive business outcomes and gain return on investment in the ServiceNow platform. This entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations, and the overall technical health of the platform. This role will also be responsible to perform configuration and/or development on the platform, minimizing customizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application administration & configuration, testing, and end-user support.
- Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology.
- Partner with our managed service provider and vendors to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues.
- Contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
- Provide customer support & service subject-matter expertise for projects spanning multiple business units and technologies.
- Contribute to and assist in managing the roadmap for customer support & service technology enhancements.
Who You’ll Work With:
- Skilled information technology architecture, development, and support team members within our global IT organization who are also responsible for offshore and onshore staff.
- Key business stakeholders, process owners, and alnalysts within the Global Customer Service business unit will be key and critical business partners for this position.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate:
- Hand-on experience with ServiceNow configuration in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service Management (strongly preferred), IT Service Management (ITSM), and IT Operations Management (ITOM).
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience supporting customer support & service technology (case management, knowledge management, etc.) in a complex, publicly traded, global organization.
- Hands-on experience with ServiceNow platform capabilities, including Service Portal, Service Catalog, Knowledge Base, Workflow, Change Management, Incident Management, Event Management, and Configuration Management.
- Integration of ServiceNow into a complex information technology eco-system, including back-office applications such as Salesforce, Informatica, ERP, etc.
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology. Jira experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
Education & Special Training
- ServiceNow Certified Systems Administrator (CSA) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.