Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
As the Senior Manager of Strategic Pricing, you will oversee pricing for Teradata’s on-premises business, which consists of Hardware, Appliances and On-premises Software.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers on strategic pricing and packaging projects (including research efforts, costing, modeling, customer value calculations, TCO, etc.) for Teradata’s on-premises business.
- Execute end-to-end pricing strategies, including system’s readiness, communication and enablement.
- Develop and manage agile and scalable pricing processes including annual pricing reviews, new product and service launches, competitive price monitoring, and price changes.
- Pilot insightful pricing analytical efforts to uncover opportunities to improve profit in the short and long term.
- Be a leading influencer to evolve the organization from cost-plus to value-based pricing.
Who You'll Work with
You will work directly for the VP of Pricing and will be a critical member of Teradata Pricing and Packaging organization. You will work collaboratively with the Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance organizations to drive end-to-end pricing strategies and execution. You will help maximize revenue and margins.
What Makes You a Qualified Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics or other related field of study).
- 8+ years’ experience developing and implementing various pricing models & strategies including SaaS, recurring revenue, consumption-based pricing within large, matrixed, and complex organizations.
- 3+ years in the technology industry, data warehousing preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10-20% post-COVID restrictions.
What You'll Bring
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA).
- Knowledge of analytics and related technology to test various hypotheses.
- Passionate about transforming pricing and developing new pricing strategies that impact strategies in the long-term.
- You are not afraid of getting out of your comfort zone and have a reputation to “think out of the box”.
- Strong Hardware and on-premises Software pricing experience.
- Ability to wear many hat and work on different projects at the same time.
- Strong research abilities including qualitative, customer value research and quantitative techniques.
- Proven experience in developing and communicating new and creative pricing strategies.
- Collaborates enthusiastically with Finance, Product Managers, and Sales Operations teams.
- Outstanding communications skills at any level part or level of an organization.
- Great presentation skills at CxO level.
Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata
We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.